“Best café in Skib!”

Apple Betty's Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Located in the heart of Skibbereen town. Offering Breakfast,Light lunches,Salads,Wraps,Panini,Open Sandwiches & Toasties.Home Made Soups, Quiche, Lasagne .Great coffee and speciality tea served.Delicious Home Baking. Gluten-free and spelt options.Meal Deals & Kids Menu. Daily specials on our chalk board.FREE WI_FI.
Trieste, Italy
“Best café in Skib!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I ate in Apple Betty's a few times, and the food was always amazing.
I tried the open sandwich with goat cheese and vegetables, and it was absolutely delicious, I loved it (although I think it was a little bit overpriced). Then we came back several times to taste the wonderful desserts. I tried a lot of cakes but my favourite was the chocolate and raspberry one.
The location is nice, the girls who work there are kind and friendly, and you can enjoy your meal while listening to very good music.
I'm italian, so I'm kind of obsessed with good food, and I can totally say that this place is absolutely recommended!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Lastie

Cork, Ireland
“Little Gem in Skibbereen”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Had a coffee & a toasties in here. It's very nice food at a good price. The coffee was very nice & the sandwich had a nice amount of filling in appose to other places. Nice & cozy. Very clean. I'd recommend this place to friends.

• Visited November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Yammi food and friendly staff. Perfect! Lovely sitting area outside.
Definitely will go over there again. Well run and clean, coffee was very tasty and hot, just as I like it

Visited August 2013
rjjCork, Owner at Apple Betty's Cafe, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for your review, hope to see you again soon.
Dublin
“Thank Goodness for Apple Betty's”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Had been everywhere from Kenmare, all the way down to Clonakilty. And this was the best Coffee - No doubt. I had a lovely toasted panini with chicken and brie and it was very tasty.
Was so glad of the coffee after a week of being in "cafes" with no baristas and all machine coffee. Not like that here - The real deal!

• Visited September 2013
Thank you for visiting our café and your kind review
“Very nice food but the staff are not that clued up.”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across this little place whilst having a stroll through Skibbareen. The food was very nice and all home made, however my partner has a very serious allergy to nuts. The waitress told us there was no nuts in the rocky road, unfortunately there was! We had a bit of a nasty scare. They kindly refunded the money for the desert but we then heard the staff discussing/arguing trying to figure out which deserts actually contain nuts, we would have expected them to know. Still worth popping in for a pot of tea and a toastie.

• Visited September 2013