“Great food and great value”

The Church Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Skibbereen
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Church Restaurant is located in the heart of Skibbereen Town in West Cork, it was originally a Methodist Church from 1833 to 2003. Steeped in history and character with lovely stained glass windows and high wooden ceilings, The Church Restaurant is open 7 days a week serving a variety of locally sourced produce. All beef & meat served in this restaurant is of Irish origin and purchased in the local butcher shop. Fresh fish comes from the local shores of Union Hall and vegetables are purchased daily for local suppliers.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Had a beautiful meal in the Church restaurant last Saturday night. We had the early bird menu which was 25euro for 2 courses and coffee.The early bird menu was suppose to end at 7pm and we had booked for 7.30 so it was a nice surprise. I had the smoked salmon and my husband had the deep fried brie both dishes were beautifully presented and were very tasty. For mains I had the chicken stuffed with feta, spinach and olives it was served on a bed of mash with green beans and roasted veg it was delicious and again very well presented. My husband had the steak with a supplement of 6e it was one the best steaks he ever had it came with deep fried onion rings, mushrooms, side salad, chips and peppercorn sauce on the side.The manager/owner came around to each table to check if we wanted more veg and if everything was ok. We had a bottle of house white wine which was excellent and 2 coffees. Our bill came to 76euro a great bargain for such an excellent meal. Having read previous reviews I was a bit worried about the staff but I must say they could not have been more helpful and chatty. A great meal and great staff. Will definitely be going back.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

6 of us went to dinner, beautiful building and good wine, food especially the tandoori chicken a let down, dry and given salad dressing when i commented, i hoped for yogurt. The poor waitress had to bring everything up from downstairs,even water and coffee!! a "dumb waiter" would make a huge difference. Dessert did nothing to compensate for main course, pity cos premises is so lovely

4  Thank maurcork
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Myself and my partner were in Skibbereen and decided to go there for coffee.
The reception we got from the waitress was frosty at best. As thoughnwe were bothering her. She gave us menu's we didnt want and disappeared.
A little while later a lady who appeared to be a manager asked us ifnwe were alright and when I told her that "to be honest we just came for coffee", she
turned to the waitress and roared "two coffee's",
without further question. When we explained that what
we actually wanted to order was a latte and a black coffee there was no acknowledgement that our order had even been taken properly.
While waiting for our drinks, two customers entered and were seated by the manager.
before they could even read the menu they were tokd that there was lovely soup and that she will get them some. After about 5 minutes the latte arrived and I was asked again what the restvof the order was so I explained 1 black coffee. It was not worth the wait.
I havent been to this restaurant in 10 years. I will not be returning.
Very uncomfortable experience.
A feeling that you were in the way as opposed to a customer.
Nice building though.

4  Thank Natalia C
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Lovely decor food was tasty and well priced had the chowder it was fresh and filling highly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We found this restaurant by chance and were really impressed with the quality of the service, food and how beautiful the building is. We would really recommend it to anyone visiting Skibbereen or the surrounding area.