“Nice beautifull place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Church Restaurant

The Church Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Skibbereen
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Church Restaurant is located in the heart of Skibbereen Town in West Cork, it was originally a Methodist Church from 1833 to 2003. Steeped in history and character with lovely stained glass windows and high wooden ceilings, The Church Restaurant is open 7 days a week serving a variety of locally sourced produce. All beef & meat served in this restaurant is of Irish origin and purchased in the local butcher shop. Fresh fish comes from the local shores of Union Hall and vegetables are purchased daily for local suppliers.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice beautifull place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

With good weather nice place to sit outside. Nice apple cakes and hot chocolate, great ice cream. The staff was nice and brough us the drinks outside. No good that there are no soja products but wide choice of other products

“Great Early Bird”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Loved it and by reading some of the other reviews I had a similar experience as others.
Came here on a Saturday evening with my wife and son and it was busy but were greeted by very friendly staff and they arranged a table for us with little fuss.
Restaurant was very busy as they had a hen night / birthday party but the staff were excellent and never left s waiting for long. My wife and son had the pork with black pudding and I had the fish.
Cant recommend the place enough. A must visit if you find yourself in the Skib area.

Brisbane, Australia
“OMG WHAT A WONDERFUL PLACE!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

OMG I am overwhelmed with the standard of this amazing restaurant in a small village in western Ireland.
Today is Mother's Day in Australia, so I decided to drive the 18 km from the village of Schull, West Cork, where I am housesitting, to Skibbereen, as I'd heard that the food in The Church Restaurant was excellent.
Open at noon on Sundays, I was one of the first through the doors into the beautiful old church, with 19th Century stained glass windows, huge chandeliers, beautiful woodwork and a wonderful atmosphere. I sat upstairs on the mezzanine level to take in all the views.
I decided to order the set three course menu for €24.95 (approx $ 25 Aust and US).
I started with the local specialty of deep fried crumbed Tipperary Brie with a light salad and berry compote. I was already in heaven after sampling the Brie.
The main course I chose was roast sirloin beef, roast gravy, seasonal vegetables, with roast and mashed potatoes. The roast beef just melted in my mouth. My brother was a butcher, and I am used to the very best meats, and this was equal to any I have ever eaten. The vegetables were crisp, fresh and delicious. I could not finish the whole meal.
For dessert I chose a strawberry roulade, one of my all-time favourite desserts, but I was too full to do it justice, so I asked to take it home with me. Three hours later, I have just been to heaven again. The dessert was fantastic!
The staff were friendly and very good with their service, without being overbearing.
I can heartily recommend this wonderful restaurant to everyone who is fortunate enough to not only be in Ireland, but to be in Skibbereen.
I wish I was staying more than a month. I hope to get back before I leave.

“Food for the soul”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

The building is a stunning setting for a restaurant. Very atmospheric.Staff were very accomodating to find us a table immediately on a very busy Saturday night even though we hadn't booked. Food was good value and portions were extremely generous. Food was good.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Heidi93
Galway, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The place to be in Skib”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We visited this restaurant twice during our breif visit to Skibbereen and can thoroughly recommend it. From the moment you walk in the door into this stunning building you are greeted by the friendly staff who continue throughout your visit to cater to your needs without been intrusive. The mouth-watering menu makes it difficult to choose. The food (and plates) was always piping hot and the portions very generous for the price. The Church Restaurant is well worth the visit if you are travelling in the area and just come to Skibbereen for the meal.

• Visited March 2013