Ring of Kerry Hotel(Cahersiveen)
$126
Sive Hostel(Cahersiveen)
  • Breakfast included
Kerry Coast Inn(Cahersiveen)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscampers kitchenmusic roomsitting roompeat firemusical instrumentsgreat campsitethe ownergreat facilitiesbeautiful flowerswaters edgehis teamcrepescamper vanmagical placefully equipped kitchenclean facilitiesstunning location
Reviewed September 30, 2017

totally great everything youneed but a tent and sleeping bag easily picked upon you way in from Killarney ..I suggest just flying in to Kerry or Shannon picking up a tent and headiing over to Mannix they have every utinsel plate cup pot pan you will ever need and other adventurers to share with. big kitchen with several fridges to keep your groceries cold and sinks ans several wash station and range tops . Microwaves coffee pots. long dining table to sit enjoy your meals and chats with folks from all over the world. Another good size room with musical instruments to share and a never ending supply of peat for the hearth fire that burns 24/7 . free wifi close for day trips all around the rink of Kerry ,shop at local butchers fish mongers horse back ride dingle surf inch beach. tour the castles on the edge of thesea. Most of the pitches are on direct seashore but you can pretty much pitch where ya like depending on your needs.

Stayed: September 2017
Mortimer_Moriarty, Owner at Mannix Point Camping and Caravan Park. (Mortimer's), responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2018

Hello Bridget. Thank you very much for your great review. It is reassuring to know that you had such an enjoyable time so far away from your home is Florida. If you are ever back in Ireland I will be happy to welcome you at Mannix Point. Cheers. Mortimer.

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Mannix Point is lovely. They have a fantastic room with a peat fire and lots of instruments on the wall ready for talented people to play them. There is also fantastic cooking facilities if you are in a tent! Communal dining area so that you can have a chat and a drink with other campers. The only thing that lets them down is the toilets and shower facilities. All of the toilet seats were hanging off and generally not clean. Same with the showers as you don't want to be showering with the previous persons hair!! Sorry guys I had to mention this. You would have got 5 stars apart from this but hygiene is a priority for me!!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Margaret L
Mortimer_Moriarty, Owner at Mannix Point Camping and Caravan Park. (Mortimer's), responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2017

Hello Margaret. Thank you for your excellent compliments relating to the campers’ sitting room, kitchen and dining room. However, I am extremely disappointed by your grossly exaggerated comments about the toilets and showers. There is a notice in the wash rooms requesting that ”if anything needs attention, no matter how small please tell me and I will deal with it”. Having provided you with the amenities that you so admire I think that you should have paid me the courtesy of informing me of the perceived problem instead of broadcasting it to the world on TripAdvisor. Hygiene is a priority for me also. Unfortunately on occasions people with long hair do not clean up after themselves but we attend to it as soon as we become aware of it. You say that all of the toilet seats were hanging off and not clean. I checked and found than none of the seats were as you vindictively describe. One seat was slightly loose and all were clean. Mortimer.

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

With a fantastic location!

Good showers, nicely spaced pitches, very nice welcome. A walk or short drive to the nearest very well stocked supermarket.

Wonderful views and very quiet at night. Loved staying here !

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2017

Can't stay away. Third year in a row. Checked it out for the festival for the first time. Great atmosphere. Got my Valentia sunset again. Although we had our caravan, I love to shower in the facility area, quirky and love the music in the showers. Thank you Mortimer and team. Will be back. Great facilities for campers. Great base to tour from. We stayed fir 9 nights!!!!!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shirleyok2015
Mortimer_Moriarty, Owner at Mannix Point Camping and Caravan Park. (Mortimer's), responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2017

Hello Shirley. Thank you for your excellent review. I am glad that you were here for the festival this year. It is a special time for all of us with brilliant musicians from far and wide to entertain. I hope you will return next year for your Valentia sunset. Cheers. Mortimer.

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful few nights we spent at this great site. Everything you could possibly need and more was provided. The kitchen, dining and music room facilities were brilliant. The wondrous aroma of the turf fire in the music room in the evening transported me back in time to my holidays as a child. If you're in a tent and the weather is inclement (as can sometimes happen in Ireland) these facilities must be a godsend, especially with young children. There is a supermarket a few hundred yards from the entrance to the site, a great bike shop just down the road in the town where we managed to get a spare inner tube, an amazing little coffee shop (we didn't get chance to try them all) and a super pub (The Fertha) where we had an excellent evening meal. The toilets and showers were spotless and great music was played in the toilets! I've been camping for longer than I care to admit and there is nothing worse than totally silent toilets!
My middle boy summoned up the courage to give a rendition of a Coldplay song to a very enthusiastic group present in the music room that evening.
The only downside was that we had to leave...

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Hello Measie. Thank you for your brilliant review. I am happy to know that you had a wonderful few nights here and that your son got an enthusiastic response to his song. Young people are always encouraged to participate. I am glad that you were able to experience the friendliness of the local people in the shops and restaurants
and I hope that you can return some time. Cheers. Mortimer.