All reviewscampers kitchenmusic roomsitting roommusical instrumentspeat firegreat campsitethe ownerexcellent facilitieshis teamwaters edgecrepescamper vanmagical placebeautiful flowersfully equipped kitchengreat pitchstunning location
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

With a fantastic location!

Good showers, nicely spaced pitches, very nice welcome. A walk or short drive to the nearest very well stocked supermarket.

Wonderful views and very quiet at night. Loved staying here !

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2017

Can't stay away. Third year in a row. Checked it out for the festival for the first time. Great atmosphere. Got my Valentia sunset again. Although we had our caravan, I love to shower in the facility area, quirky and love the music in the showers. Thank you Mortimer and team. Will be back. Great facilities for campers. Great base to tour from. We stayed fir 9 nights!!!!!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shirleyok2015
Mortimer_Moriarty, Owner at Mannix Point Camping and Caravan Park. (Mortimer's), responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2017

Hello Shirley. Thank you for your excellent review. I am glad that you were here for the festival this year. It is a special time for all of us with brilliant musicians from far and wide to entertain. I hope you will return next year for your Valentia sunset. Cheers. Mortimer.

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful few nights we spent at this great site. Everything you could possibly need and more was provided. The kitchen, dining and music room facilities were brilliant. The wondrous aroma of the turf fire in the music room in the evening transported me back in time to my holidays as a child. If you're in a tent and the weather is inclement (as can sometimes happen in Ireland) these facilities must be a godsend, especially with young children. There is a supermarket a few hundred yards from the entrance to the site, a great bike shop just down the road in the town where we managed to get a spare inner tube, an amazing little coffee shop (we didn't get chance to try them all) and a super pub (The Fertha) where we had an excellent evening meal. The toilets and showers were spotless and great music was played in the toilets! I've been camping for longer than I care to admit and there is nothing worse than totally silent toilets!
My middle boy summoned up the courage to give a rendition of a Coldplay song to a very enthusiastic group present in the music room that evening.
The only downside was that we had to leave...

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Hello Measie. Thank you for your brilliant review. I am happy to know that you had a wonderful few nights here and that your son got an enthusiastic response to his song. Young people are always encouraged to participate. I am glad that you were able to experience the friendliness of the local people in the shops and restaurants
and I hope that you can return some time. Cheers. Mortimer.

Reviewed August 25, 2017

My husband and I stayed here for the night last week as we were touring around southern Ireland and what a lovely nights stay it was. From the minute we arrived to leaving we were made to feel welcome. Everyone was friendly, the pitch was great and the campers kitchen facilities were brilliant. Sitting in the lounge on an evening playing cards and drinking wine in front of a roaring log fire listening to fellow campers playing the guitar topped off our stay brilliantly. Thank you to Mortimer and the other 2 gentlemen whose names I can't remember and we hope to return next year.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2017

Really enjoyed our stay here; great welcome and plenty of space to pitch our tent. Decent showers, and the campers kitchen is amazing - was very much appreciated on our stay as it rained for the entire time ! Lounge is also lovely.

Great views from the campsite, and decent walking routes available nearby. About a half hour walk to the nearby town / pubs and restaurants and 15 minutes to a Supervalu.

Hope to make it back in better weather some day !

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple