Ring of Kerry Hotel(Cahersiveen)
$136
The Blue Door House(Cahersiveen)
$85
Cul Draiochta(Cahersiveen)
Ocean View B&B(Cahersiveen)
Strands End House(Cahersiveen)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscampers kitchenmusic roomsitting roompeat firemusical instrumentsgreat campsitethe ownergreat facilitiesbeautiful flowerswaters edgehis teamcrepescamper vanmagical placefully equipped kitchenclean facilitiesstunning location
Reviewed August 25, 2017

My husband and I stayed here for the night last week as we were touring around southern Ireland and what a lovely nights stay it was. From the minute we arrived to leaving we were made to feel welcome. Everyone was friendly, the pitch was great and the campers kitchen facilities were brilliant. Sitting in the lounge on an evening playing cards and drinking wine in front of a roaring log fire listening to fellow campers playing the guitar topped off our stay brilliantly. Thank you to Mortimer and the other 2 gentlemen whose names I can't remember and we hope to return next year.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2017

Really enjoyed our stay here; great welcome and plenty of space to pitch our tent. Decent showers, and the campers kitchen is amazing - was very much appreciated on our stay as it rained for the entire time ! Lounge is also lovely.

Great views from the campsite, and decent walking routes available nearby. About a half hour walk to the nearby town / pubs and restaurants and 15 minutes to a Supervalu.

Hope to make it back in better weather some day !

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2017

Originally planned to stay four nights but just spent 10 nights of our holiday here and had a fantastic time. Views from the pitches are amazing even in the bad weather!! Huge thanks to Pat and Mortimer who made us feel so welcome as usual. Advice and information on walking in the area was much appreciated particularly Gerry Enrights walking tours which we highly recommend. Can't wait to return!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Mortimer_Moriarty, Owner at Mannix Point Camping and Caravan Park. (Mortimer's), responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Hello Tina. Thank you for your excellent review. It is always a pleasure to meet you and John and all of us here look forward to your next visit. Gerry's walking tours are brilliant. They are informative, entertaining and fun. I am glad that you had that experience. See you soon. Cheers. Mortimer.

Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

I have visited Mannix Point several times in the past few years including twice this summer, both in a caravan with family and in a tent with a friend. Each time I visit I am blown away by the standard of the facilities and by the friendliness of the owners and the employees. Mortimer and Pat are around the campsite all day, and both of them are only too happy to help with any queries or simply stop for a chat. The facilities are unparalleled, such as the fully equipped campers kitchen, the music room, the office which is well stocked with leaflets about nearby activities and the gas burner outside for cold evenings. The atmosphere in the campsite is very warm and friendly. In the evenings music is played to an excellent standard, yet the music room is far enough away that it does not disturb campers who are sleeping. The location is stunning, close enough to walk to the ferry to Valentia Island, and the views from the campsite are wonderful. The shore is beautiful. There are many beautiful attractions nearby such as Ballycarbery Castle, and the ring forts, both of which are magnificent. I will definitely be returning again, and I strongly recommend that if you are camping in Ireland you visit Mannix Point.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends

Hello Luke. Thank you for your brilliant review. It must have been a very different experience for you this time being here without your family. I hope Colin enjoyed it also. I expect that your next visit will be a celebration of fantastic results in the Leaving Cert. You have a tough year ahead and I wish you great success.
Cheers. Mortimer.

Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 18th August for 2 nights ,on arrival we were greeted with swarms of happy children enjoying their freedom and sunshine a bonus ,we pitched up our tent and went off exploring ,kids aged 6 and 8 made friends straight away ,we cooked our tea in kitchen which was super equipped,lots of cups plates pots pans etc ,sitting room was a real gem in the evening where moms and dads could relax ,kids all seemed to enjoy playing cards ,mine loved this so was just so relaxing ,lovely hot showers which last for 6 mins ,I think ,but basic clean and lovely and hot ,no crep van was seen this weekend but kids were happy out with us making pancakes in kitchen ?all in all ,children had a ball and that means mom and dad got to relax so tha bus too mannix point for best camping ever ,ps ?cleaning lady cleaning windows during breakfast is a no no for me ,with deep purple spray ,wait till breakfast over

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Mortimer_Moriarty, Owner at Mannix Point Camping and Caravan Park. (Mortimer's), responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Hello Valerie. Thank you for your great review. I am particularly interested in your observation that children make friends very easily here. I am convinced that the absence of a structured play area encourages children to interact and play in the way that we did at their age. The camper's kitchen is the result of my experiences while walking and camping throughout my life. I would have welcomed a place like that. I'll ask the cleaning lady to leave the methylated spirits until later. I hope we will meet again sometime. Cheers. Mortimer.