We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cahersiveen
Mannix Point Camping and Caravan Park. (Mortimer's)
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Hi all...I am going to write a review from my childrens view...just for a change

Isobel aged 6

I liked the beach and the dens.We made a big den with all the other children and played in there. The ice cream man came in also and we had crepes in the morning. The lady who made them was really nice and gave us a few new ones to try for free.

We played cops and robbers, The men where nice who ran the camp and we had nice food in the hotel near the camp site. We found a dog there, who was lost, and we called him Mutly. But his owner saw him and took him home.

The other children were really nice who stayed there and I met a boy called George who hit me with a reed. We played together all the time and one of the girls had a birthday party and we were invited.

Megan aged 9

We made a big Den in the bushes and played loads of games there. The boys tried to attack it and take it over but the girls won. We had yummy crepes and ice cream in the camping park and I played loads of games on the beach. We saw people sailing on the sea and we went on a ferry.

There is loads of books in the music room and we read one every night and put them back for another new book. We also climbed trees and saw The Skelligs from Valencia Island.

So that's it in a nutshell. The girls had a great time and were tired out every night, playing all the games that kids should play, really enjoying themselves and meeting loads of new kids. I enjoyed my stay there also and best of luck to all the staff for the remaining of the season. Thank you Pat and Mortimor.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol O

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights from the 13th aug with our two small children in a touring caravan. Yes, the lane down to the site is poor but the torrential rain has not helped. Pitches are well laid out with lovely views over the water. Grass was very wet due to the terrible weather & wellies were a necessity. However, despite the rain we had a great time mainly due to the very pleasant people we met & the very welcome space of the campers sitting room. We sing & play music so being able to bring the two children up here & mingle with others in front of a peat fire with a glass or two was great! This cosy room has lots of books & musical instruments & is a great informal area, brilliant for the kids too. We had a few great sessions with kids joining in & it didn't matter what the musical experience was, all were welcome! The strand is stony but excellent for searching for crabs with the kids & it's so close to the pitches that it's very safe. Perfect place to chill out & relax!!!! Would visit again!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Scolfer
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Myself and my partner stayed at Mannix Point in the summer of 2011. I was in desperate need of some relaxation after returning to college as a mature student! From the moment we arrived at the campsite, we were absolutely seduced by the stunning scenery and the fantastic welcome we received. A lovely guy cycled around to show us a choice of pitches for our tent, and we settled on one near the waters edge. I wish I could describe and do justice to the amazing scene that greeted me each morning as I woke.

As seasoned campers, we found the facilities and staff to be second to none. I could not recommend Mannix Point more highly. Thank you to all who were so kind and helpful, they made my stay so memorable. Hope to see you all again soon.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rarebirdy
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed for a week at mannix point after having read the rave reviews. We were staying in our touring caravan (this is our first season) but we have been camping throughout ireland and the uk for many years.
On arrival (after 8 hr drive) I was welcomed by a man who demanded that "for gods sake don't drive on the grass". In fairness this wasn't Mortimer who seemed to be much friendlier.
Also, I do appreciate that the area has suffered from one of the wettest summers ever so I can't criticise the swampy conditions!
What I can't forgive is the poor standard of cleanliness in the toilets/ showers. I appreciate shabby sheek but the showers and toilets were not clean and really put us off using them. There was a cleaner but she didn't seem to be very thorough and quite frankly the shower trays were disgusting.
Also a big annoyance was the half mile lane way which was so rutted and potholed that I feared it may damage my car and my bicycle.
On a plus side the location is fabulous and the views stunning, a great base from which to tour Kerry. Sorry for the poor review but we were really disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Lamont7615
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Just returned from a brilliant four night camping stay at Mannix Point.
On arrival site owner, Mortimer greeted me. I found him to be very welcoming and courteous. After explaining, I had come to the area to fish around the local coastline he helpfully suggested some fishing marks, (which paid off).
The nightly sessions in the recreation room were outstanding and recommended not to be missed with anyone who can play an instrument of warble a song or two always invited to join in.
The campers’ kitchen is extremely spacious with kitchen utensils, plates, cups, gas cookers, fridges and freezers units always available.
Just one minor niggle, though.
I felt the track from the Main Road down to the site was in very bad repair with some serious potholes along it. It was a nightmare trying to manoeuvre my car along it. God only knows what caravaners felt like.
I can only assume that the reason for it being in such bad repair was down to the continuous rain we’ve had since April.
Would I stay here again. Yes.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Joeb22
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had the best site!they gave us the site that they took the picture for the book. The campers kitchen was stocked with things that you seem to forget. It was clean and a great hangout room with a warm fireplace. There was some guitar, piano, singing and many laughs. We had beautiful weather!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank stephc518
Reviewed July 29, 2012

It was quite rainy when we were there but loved the place great for sightseeing
Walking cycling etc best view pitches I've ever stayed.Cahersiveen is a
great place to spend a few days hopefully the weather is better than we had the fort you can see in the distance is a nice walk to

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank ALlouDerby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cahersiveen
Ring of Kerry Hotel
#2 of 7 in Cahersiveen
QC's Townhouse
QC's Townhouse
#1 of 20 in Cahersiveen

Been to Mannix Point Camping and Caravan Park. (Mortimer's)? Share your experiences!