“Beautiful Hotel, great staff”
Review of Sneem Hotel

Sneem Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sneem
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Hotel, great staff”
Reviewed July 18, 2009

We had a water view room, which was the most beautiful room I have stayed in in a long time. The view was gorgeous and the decor was modern and plush. We had a few issues with the hotel, but the staff were very good. My husband wished to use the jacuzzi, but found it was cold and dirty when he first attempted to see use it. He did let the reception know and she said that it was due for a clean. She further assured him it would be clean by tomorrow. Unfortunately, it was not clean the next day. Something he only found out once he got into it. Ick. Again the receptionists were friendly and apologetic and even gave him a bottle of wine for the trouble. I think the gym facilites do need to be looked over, but the rest of the hotel was really very lovely. We had the best nights sleep in this hotel then all the others we stayed in Ireland combined. Wish we would have just stayed here the whole time.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Polish first
cork
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Stayed at Sneem Hotel recently.
From the moment we arrived, it was wonderful supprise.
Very efficient and friendly receptionist.
Magnificient room.
Good food.
Will definitely return.

Cleveland, OH
Reviewed July 15, 2009

We spent two nights at the Sneem Hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Sneem is a very quaint village and a great base to explore the Ring of Kerry. Our room was fabulous with the view over the lake and mountains. Food was very good, both breakfast and dinner. But what made this hotel so special was the staff. Ester at the front desk couldn't do enough for us, even going so far as to book our tour to Skellig Island. She is delightful.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 10, 2009

Summary: This is a nice hotel but I expected more of a newly built four star in a great scenic location and with the prices they are charging especially in this climate.
The biggest sell are its great views from the rooms, bar and restaurant and the lovely outside deck overlooking the water.
The room we had I imagine are one of the nicer/delux ones. Huge room, so much space, really nicely decorated. Nice couches, chairs and tables, plenty of storage and separate dressing table area, huge flat screen tv. Very modern. Comfiest bed I’ve slept in in a hotel I would say.
But then the bathroom was small enough considering how much spare space was in the room. and the shower leaked all over the floor every time you showered. And little things like the fact there was no fluffy bathrobes?
The hotel has a small leisure centre but it doesn’t have a pool which is a big let down and cant understand why you would build a hotel with no pool.
Staff for the most part were helpful and professional. Except for one waiter at breakfast – couldn’t get the tea/coffee order right! The residents bar stayed open til 3 or after which was good.
Breakfast was buffet style – serve yourself. It was nice but again you cant beat a freshly cooked up breakfast. There was your standard irish fry buffet but no other options like boiled eggs, French toast etc, and also not a huge variety of pastries etc which I would have expected to see in a 4 star. It was ok - It was a 3 star breakfast.
Locationwise it is just outside the village – you can walk to village in a few mins.
I just wasn’t wowed by this hotel compared to other people who reviewed it, and I wouldn’t be a tough reviewer who expects much. I would probably return here if it was a bit cheaper but for what I paid, I wouldn’t consider it good value for money and after reading what some people paid I’m beginning to think I was even more ripped off. Its not that luxurious, I’ve stayed in far nicer hotels in kerry. I think the 4 star rating is stretching it a bit. More like a nice 3 star hotel.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed July 10, 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights with my girlfriend. Room was really big with a beautiful view of the water and the mountains. Staff are very friendly. Easy walk to Sneem village which has 6 pubs and a few restaurants, friendly locals. Hotel had bikes and kayaks to take when you wanted which was great, nice backroads to go cycling on.
Really good buffet breakfast, had dinner in the hotel one night, was good but not amazing.
Overall a really nice stay and wouldn't definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Labrador
Reviewed July 5, 2009

In May I was invited to a wedding in Sneem Co Kerry. My family and I booked 2 apartments and stayed 2 nights. The apartments were lovely it was very convenient and the setting was amazing. The staff were very efficient and friendly, the service we recieved was excellent. We had a great day at the wedding and we cant wait to go back again for another trip.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Ireland
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Pros :
Wonderfully located hotel overlooking Kenmare Bay 5 min stroll into Sneem village

Reception staff very welcoming and friendly

Rooms very large (try ask for one overlooking the bay)

Restaurant food very good quality

Child friendly

Cons:
No swimming pool

One older guy working in the bar not in the slighest bit welcoming or friendly, and his service is snails pace, same the last time we stayed there (Darren is a good guy in the bar)

One member of the Restaurant staff didn't listen to our order, one had to be sent back to kitchen as it was wrong (Maura is a gem and a great asset to this hotel, she was particularly attentive and friendly, thumbs up Maura)

Dropped a star because of the Cons but it is really a nice find and the owner (who seems to be working all day every day) is really interested to hear comments on the hotel, which is always a good thing (providing they take them on board of course :-) )

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sneem
Parknasilla Resort & Spa
The Europe Hotel & Resort
Brook Lane Hotel
Brook Lane Hotel
#1 of 6 in Kenmare

Been to Sneem Hotel? Share your experiences!