“Outstanding experience, one of my favorites”
Review of Bank House Sneem

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sneem
Bank House Sneem
Ranked #3 of 9 Sneem B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I absolutely loved The Bank House! We stopped with a tour group and what a deal! The house is charming and the hosts, Noel and Margaret are a real delight! We were quite hungry and looking forward to outstanding tea! We were not disappointed. The scones were lovely, with cream and jam. The sandwiches were so great--- I loved the cheese, from a local area. The bread was fresh and wonderful! Delicious! The tea was wonderful. I asked for a tour of the house, that was no problem and I had quite a chat with the hosts. They had visited in Florida so we had a lot to talk about and my husband's name in Noel. I loved this experience. It was one of my favorites from my trip!

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank mcwillm
There are newer reviews for Bank House Sneem

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our tour group had a prearranged lunch here recently. We were promised the best scones ever, bottomless tea pot and lots of fab sandwiches. What we got was 1 cup of tea, 2 half sandwiches that had been made a while ago since the bread had gone stale and a small scone which had not risen properly. There was no cream and a small dish of jam. For this we were charged the sum of 10 Euros. A real rip off! It appears that a lot of the bus tours regularly stop here for lunch. My advice, go down the road, there are plenty of places that provide better food at more reasonable prices.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LeaHXZ
Reviewed June 9, 2013

When in Sneem on the ring of Kerry, Ireland don't miss the chance for some good old fashioned Irish hospitality at the Bank House. I have been there twice and the house is as charming as the hosts. Margaret and Noel are friendly and her homemade scones and tea are wonderful.
This is a chance to see a bit of old fashioned Ireland at it's best.

Nancy,
Minnesota, USA

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My family of 11 ,stopped here with a bus tour,51 of us,we had the best sandwiches and scones made by margret and strawberry jam was divine,but the big pot of tea we had was just excellent,I had 3 cups ,then we all had a second scone,Noel then entertained us with stories ,what a pleasant hour spent in sneem.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank morrowz
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stopped in here on a bus tour for lunch and were told that for 9 to 10 euros we would have plenty of home made sandwiches, scones, pastries and tea. When we arrived our group of 4 were placed at a cramped table in the corner, with a basket of 8 sandwich halves filled with fillings you could get from anywhere, which were rather disappointing. Our table was not fully set, there were no napkins and we had to ask for the milk when the tea was brought out as the milk jug they gave us was empty. They were slow to fix their mistake. When the scones came out, our table was completely overlooked and we once again had to ask for some scones. When they finally came out, there was one tiny scone each. All in all we paid 40 euros for 4 people to have 1 sandwich, 1 scone, a cup of tea and poor service. Definitely a tourist trap as there are many nicer and cheaper looking places just down the street!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Mol F
Reviewed October 3, 2012

It's now 4 months since I visited Ireland, and I still have vivid and fond memories of my time in Sneem. Noel, the owner, has the charm, charisma, enthusiasm and local knowledge to change what could have been an ordinary B & B stay into a memorable event. Hospitality at its warmest and best. I stumbled upon it late in the day, and was treated like I had made reservations months ahead. It was the last room available, a tiny double but exactly everything I needed. It was warm, clean with a shower and sink. And next morning, the Irish breakfast to order kept me going all day. Ask him about Maureen O'Hara. I look forward to my next visit. Tell 'em that guy from Alaska sent you.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Bottsford
Reviewed May 22, 2012

A good friendly helpful couple running clean comfortable establishment ,with a good enjoyable breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple