“Fabulous views”
Review of Derrynane Walk

Derrynane Walk
Ranked #4 of 13 things to do in Sneem
Reviewed December 13, 2012

It is a wonderful and relaxing place to visit with so much space and quietness. It is back to nature with all its natural beauty.

1  Thank bruceMallow
"rocks"
"woods"
"finish"

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Another great Irish garden that benefits from the Gulf Stream and usually gets little or no frost in winter. Remarkable plants, well looked after, and in a stunning setting - walk from the house to the beach over the dunes, look back to the house nestled into the woodland. Great beach too if thats your desire.

The only downside is the regular dampness, the paths can be wet, too awkward for wheelchairs though some routes are ok, coffee shop etc are grand, but the dampness is essential for the plants, so be prepared!

2  Thank libertia
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were staying at the incredibly peaceful Iskaroon and walked over to the beach via the Derrymane Mass Path. It was very wet underfoot but well worth the effort. The beach is wonderful and even in August was incredibly quiet. It's about a mile of beautiful sand. It reminded us of some of the beaches along the Great Ocean Road in Australia. The sun came out and we sat on the beach for a couple of hours soaking up the scenery and tranquility. At the far end of the beach is a boat house - a house constructed in the shape of the front of a ship. We wanted to enjoy the sun so didn't tour the house but the garden are great - semi tropical and their is a good cafe for a cup of tea and a snack. People in Ireland are lovely. if you don't mind taking a bit of a chance with the weather, GO!

1  Thank Allison6
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My friends and I skipped the house but walked the gardens and to the beach.
Both beautifull and surely worth seeing.
The gardens explode with green, ferns grow big like palms, which I have not seen before.
But the beach is what one really needs to see. Althought it was windly and rained a few times when we walked, I am really glad, we have not missed this turn from the Ring of Kerry!
I was amazed with the campers having a relaxing time on the beach wearing only their swimsuits while I had 3 layers of clothing and still not too hot. :)