“Fabulous peace of land”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Fabulous peace of land”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Every year we visit Parknasilla as it was our honeymoon destination. I would be glad if the owners could input more founds to renovate the rooms as I think the furniture became very tired and the walls need to be redone. We stayed in the recently modified suite and it was lovely. The spa is just something you would always remember. The view is stunning while sitting in jacuzzy outside. And the walking in the park is unforgettable. The 100 y.o. trees tell you the stories of the place. Absolutely love it.

Room Tip: I would go for the suite ones as the rest of the rooms are a bit old
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear ilmira,
Thank you for your review of your stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I am delighted to read that you are a regular visitor to Parknasilla. While some of the bedrooms have been refurbished we are continually trying to improve our product where possible and we have plans to refurbish some of the bedrooms during the winter. The spa is a haven of relaxation and the outdoor hot tubs are a favourite with many of our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla Resort & Spa in 2014.

Ruth O'Sullivan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed over mid term in the villas. They are exceptional quality and have everything you would need for a family of 5. We loved our walks through the woods every day and exploring the islands. Our 8 year old loved the Fairy Garden. The staff in the hotel were very accommodating and went that extra mile. Loved every minute and will dream about getting back!!

1 Thank Sycamore331
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Sycamore331,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback of your recent stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay. I look forward to sharing your comments with all the team. I hope to welcome you back to Parknasilla in the future.

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights midweek in October as we got a decent deal excluding breakfast on line. The location is beautiful and the hotel itself is also realy lovely. The staff were welcoming and friendly and we even had our bags brought to our room for us and that is a first for me in Ireland! Our room was lovely and the bar food was excellent and very good value. Unfortunatley the price of the drinks were very high so we had very little to drink. Also the price of the breakfast if we had wanted to have one some morning was €15 per person which I think is astronomical and needles to say we didn't have it. The other issue here was with the treatments in the Spa which I believe were overpriced and not up to the standard of other treatments I've had. I also believe the time allotted against the treatments isn't fully used on the treatment as you are sent to the relaxation area before and after the actual treatment which I find a bit disingenuous.

The grounds of the hotel more that make up for the other issues as there are several beautiful walks, most of which link up to make longer ones and the scenery is stunning.

I would definitely go back to stay here but I wouldn't book any more treatments.

Dear POBDublin,

Thank you for your taking the time to write your review of your recent stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was glad to read you enjoyed your overall stay however I was disappointed to note your comments regarding our Breakfast and Spa. Our Full Irish Breakfast is €15 per person and includes cereals, homemade porridge and museli, selection of homemade breads and scones, fresh fruit, juices, yogurts, variety of cold meats and cheese, hot buffet with a wide selection including local produce, fish of the day, kippers, waffles and pancakes. The time noted for each spa treatment includes consultation time before and relaxation time after your treatment. Thank you for your kind comments re our team and the stunning grounds .

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have just returned from my 9th stay at this hotel so I think you could say I'm a fan. Every year we wonder if it can live up to our memories of the place and we are never disappointed. This year was a special anniversary and the hotel staff really looked after us. Looking forward to returning again next year.

2 Thank KHillWalker
Dear KHILLWALKER,

Thank you for your lovely review of your most recent stay. I am delighted to read that you had another wonderful stay with us here at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I look forward to sharing your comments with all the team here who are our greatest asset. I hope to welcome you back for your 10th visit very soon.

Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in one of the lodges over the half term. It was a great bolthole, perfect position for sightseeing around the ring of Kerry ... The main hotel is so welcoming with big open fires and lovely friendly staff ! A big shout out to PJ and Jer !

The accomodation was very clean and modern and with the underfloor heating, it was always very warm.. The spa area is fab and the outdoor hot tubs overlooking the Atlantic is just perfect even when it is cold out, you dont notice it !

Would definitely go back again - no question about it

Dear Lobby2013,

It was a pleasure to read your wonderful review. I am delighted you had a wonderful stay. Our lodges are comfortable and spacious and very popular with our guests. I look forward to sharing your comments with PJ and Ger and all the team. I hope to welcome you back to Parknasilla Resort & Spa in the near future.

Loughborough, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Had a family gathering in October, fabulous location, great atmosphere, excellent staff. Would recommend a 3 day break here, stayed in one of the chalets, all mod cons included and access to all spa facilities. Will come again next year

Room Tip: book a chalet, you can still use the hotel facilities
Dear MarianL,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful stay at your recent family celebration. I look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla resort & Spa in the very near future.

Co. Westmeath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Just returned from a two-night family break in a family room in parknasilla. This was our second visit here but our first visit with the kids! Great location, lovely walks. we had a sea view room which was lovely with bunk beds for the kids. The pool and spa where very relaxing. Beautiful breakfast! Bar food really great!! Staff exceptionally nice and friendly! Will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: We had family room which had a sea view which was an added surprise!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear kathduffy,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay. It was a pleasure to read your review and I am delighted that you and the family had a such a great time. I look forward to sharing your comments with all the team here. I hope to welcome you back to Parknasilla Resort & Spa in the future.

Ruth O'Sullivan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sneem
Sneem Hotel
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
#15 of 39 in Killarney
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,460 reviews

Been to Parknasilla Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!