“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cork, Ireland
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed in an executive room overnight in the end of November. what an amazing place, Our room was more like a suite with chandeliers, big sitting room with double chaise lounge etc.All the staff were a credit to the hotel, one nicer than the next. We ate in the bar and really enjoyed the food. Breakfast was good. What stands out is the thermal suite especially the outdoor hot tubs overlooking the atlantic and the pool area views.We went for a short walk Sunday morning and wished we were staying longer.

Room Tip: Book an executive room well worth the extra.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear Billedee,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay with us. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and availed of all the hotel has to offer including the thermal suite and the outdoor hot tubs. I will pass on all your comments to team here. I looked forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla resort & Spa.

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Cork, Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Hi,

Booked a self catering lodge, but unfortunately through no fault of the staff, there was no power in the area.

As the hotel was on a backup generator, Myself, the wife and 12 week old baby were moved into possibly the most amazing room I've ever stayed in.

Thanks again to all in Parknasilla.
Barry

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Barry R,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay with us at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was delighted to read that you and your family were very well looked after following a power cut in the area and that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel. I will pass on your comments to all the team here. I look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla in the near future.

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Booked a long weekend earlier this year and loved it. The location is stunning, set in acres of parkland right on the sea shore, there are lovely walks around the grounds. Bar area and reception rooms are charming and cosy, with real fires and friendly staff. We had dinner two nights and both were excellent.

Breakfast was good, but would have expected that the Irish breakfast cooked to order, rather then in a buffet, which is fine for breads and cereals, but not so great for cooked food.

Also, the standard rooms need updating, and housekeeping was a bit haphazard - for example, we had only one pair of slippers and bathrobe, had to ask for then. Also, the maid was insistant on cleaning the room and was somewhat ungracious when we told her we were not ready!

Overall, however, the pros far outweigh the cons and would definitely go again.

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ouaems,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay with us here at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was delighted to read that you both enjoyed your stay with us and that you availed of all the hotel has to offer. While some of our breakfast service is buffet there are choices which are cooked to order such as the fish of day, kippers, pancakes and omelettes. Some of the bedrooms have been refurbished however we are continually trying to improve our product where possible. I was disappointed to read that you only had one bathrobe and one pair of slippers in your room and that your room was cleaned at an inconvenient time. Our accommodation manager has been made aware of this and will ensure it does not happen again.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla resort & Spa .

St Albans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

We held our wedding in Parknasilla last month. From start to finish, it was wonderful. The welcome, so friendly and personable, and service from every member of staff was excellent. There are so many aspects I could praise but will single out a few -
The food - so, so good - the standard was as high during the wedding meal for 120 as any other time I've eaten in the Pygmallion Restaurant. Many of our guests specifically complimented the food, some said it's the best wedding meal they've ever had.
The service - anything we asked for was attended to immediately and with a wonderful attitude - even things not asked for. Some parents had to go to rooms with children during the meal, and room service was provided for them, without request! We had a drinks reception in our room on the 1st night there, glasses & ice were provided and glasses taken away later - all free gratis.
We had a post ceremony reception for which the sun came out - suddenly the staff were able to move all outside and when the rain came some 45 minutes later, they could just move it all back inside again - seamlessly.
Bar service and staff - so professional yet very friendly and got to know the guests very quickly and knew exactly how to look after them - and any nuances!........
We were upgraded to the Presidential Suite - that was a most delightful experience, a real once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. There were other upgrades for the bridal party and close families, and feedback from those was excellent.
I am so pleased that we chose Parknasilla for our wedding. It really is a very special, different place - I hope it retains its ambiance under new ownership. I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a wedding venue - especially for a winter wedding, as we had the hotel exclusively for our wedding party on the day and having the meal in the Pygmallion is an exquisite setting. They catered so well for children both with the food and the manner in which they dealt with the children. As usual, the spa facilities are excellent, especially the outdoor hot-tub in the rain! Cost wise, very good value for a most fantastic weekend. Feedback from our guests - a tremendous place - well worth the long journey........
A special word for Marie, the wedding co-ordinator - she's a seasoned pro and excellent at her task, and for Padraig, he dealt with all the technical side and was there on the evening to look. after everything.
We're looking forward to returning next year - this time for a slightly quieter break!

Room Tip: It has to be a sea-view room here - waking up to the view over the bay is one of the best in the wor...
Dear GeeBeeStAlbans,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent wedding here at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was delighted to read that you chose Parknasilla to celebrate your special day and that you and your guests had a most memorable stay. I will pass on your kind comments to all the team here especially to Marie and to Padraic. We look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla Resort & Spa for your first anniversary.

Cork, Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our first stay in Parknasilla was not a very enjoyable experience because the room was old and not worth the money.However, I was back and stayed in and Executive suite the the difference was unbeliveable. The room was still old decor but very plush old decor and so cosy and the ensuite was just fab. I would definitely stay in the Executive Suite if I was going again. My first stay was like being in an 1980's B&B and I did not like being in the room at all but the 2nd stay was so much more pleasurable. I am happy now that I went back because I was able to see the difference.

Dear MC0612,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you came back to stay with us and allowed us the opportunity to restore your faith in Parknasilla. I will pass on all your comments to all the team here. I look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla Resort & Spa in the very near future.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here recently for the most amazing wedding and I can’t imagine a better location and venue for such an occasion. The Hotel is closed apart from the weekends at this time of year but they opened the whole Hotel and it was full of Wedding guests. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful and the hotel is cosy warm and inviting. Yes the hotel does need some investment in the public areas and some of the rooms but it is full of character and is very comfortable. On arrival we were checked into a standard room, which I have to say is very basic and I would strongly recommend not booking a standard room until they have invested these rooms. We contacted reception and were moved to a junior suite at the front of the hotel with no hesitation. These suites are lovely and I would recommend them. They are above the bar so there is a little bit of noise from the bar, however we were a pretty rowdy bunch so it may not always be like that. The breakfast is really good and if you get down there early you’ll get a table with a fantastic view of the sea. The bar area is comfortable and the open fires were a really nice touch for this time of year. This hotel is a four star hotel with some five star aspects such as the Spa (hot tubs out side), the staff, the restaurant, and some of the rooms. I would imagine this is a great place to stay during the summer with lots to do and some fantastic walks. I don’t agree with the negative reviews of this hotel and I would strongly endorse this hotel for a holiday or short break. If you’re planning a winter wedding I would strongly recommend you check this place out too. I will be back with my family for a holiday in the summer (if I can get a booking!).

Room Tip: Standard rooms very poor, suites very nice. Great for wedding
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Tieler,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the wedding you attended here and your stay. I was disappointed to read that you did not like your original room but I am glad to see that we were able to offer you an alternative option which was to your satisfaction. While some of the rooms have been refurbished we are continually trying to improve our product where possible. It was great to note that you enjoyed all aspects the hotel has to offer and I will pass on your lovely comments to all the team here. I look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla Resort & Spa.

Carbondale, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

In serious need of updating, quite tattered. Understandably an old facility, but for the money you can do better. Rooms/bathrooms are very average with some basic amenities missing. For example, no lotion or washcloths, no WiFi in rooms and marginal at best right next to reception (this despite their claim otherwise). It was also very noisy, creaky. The staff is personable, the breakfast is good, and they have some excellent walking/running trails on the property. Other than these items, not much else positive. I would not return/recommend.

Room Tip: IF you decide to stay here, ask for a room overlooking the water, otherwise you will get a parking l...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ddb8
Dear ddb8,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoyed your stay with us. While some of the bedrooms have been refurbished we are continually trying to improve our product where possible. There is no WIFI available in the bedrooms however we do offer WIFI in the lounge beside reception and this is complimentary to all guests. I will pass on your kind words regarding the staff to all the team here. If you would like to discuss your review further please do not hesitate to contact me directly at amansworth@parknasillahotel.ie.

Area General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sneem
Sneem Hotel
The Killarney Park Hotel
The Killarney Park Hotel
#3 of 39 in Killarney
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,299 reviews

Been to Parknasilla Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!