“Fantastic winter wedding venue”

Parknasilla Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sneem
GreenLeadersSilver level
St Albans
“Fantastic winter wedding venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

We held our wedding in Parknasilla last month. From start to finish, it was wonderful. The welcome, so friendly and personable, and service from every member of staff was excellent. There are so many aspects I could praise but will single out a few -
The food - so, so good - the standard was as high during the wedding meal for 120 as any other time I've eaten in the Pygmallion Restaurant. Many of our guests specifically complimented the food, some said it's the best wedding meal they've ever had.
The service - anything we asked for was attended to immediately and with a wonderful attitude - even things not asked for. Some parents had to go to rooms with children during the meal, and room service was provided for them, without request! We had a drinks reception in our room on the 1st night there, glasses & ice were provided and glasses taken away later - all free gratis.
We had a post ceremony reception for which the sun came out - suddenly the staff were able to move all outside and when the rain came some 45 minutes later, they could just move it all back inside again - seamlessly.
Bar service and staff - so professional yet very friendly and got to know the guests very quickly and knew exactly how to look after them - and any nuances!........
We were upgraded to the Presidential Suite - that was a most delightful experience, a real once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. There were other upgrades for the bridal party and close families, and feedback from those was excellent.
I am so pleased that we chose Parknasilla for our wedding. It really is a very special, different place - I hope it retains its ambiance under new ownership. I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a wedding venue - especially for a winter wedding, as we had the hotel exclusively for our wedding party on the day and having the meal in the Pygmallion is an exquisite setting. They catered so well for children both with the food and the manner in which they dealt with the children. As usual, the spa facilities are excellent, especially the outdoor hot-tub in the rain! Cost wise, very good value for a most fantastic weekend. Feedback from our guests - a tremendous place - well worth the long journey........
A special word for Marie, the wedding co-ordinator - she's a seasoned pro and excellent at her task, and for Padraig, he dealt with all the technical side and was there on the evening to look. after everything.
We're looking forward to returning next year - this time for a slightly quieter break!

Room Tip: It has to be a sea-view room here - waking up to the view over the bay is one of the best in the wor...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear GeeBeeStAlbans,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent wedding here at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was delighted to read that you chose Parknasilla to celebrate your special day and that you and your guests had a most memorable stay. I will pass on your kind comments to all the team here especially to Marie and to Padraic. We look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla Resort & Spa for your first anniversary.

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Cork, Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our first stay in Parknasilla was not a very enjoyable experience because the room was old and not worth the money.However, I was back and stayed in and Executive suite the the difference was unbeliveable. The room was still old decor but very plush old decor and so cosy and the ensuite was just fab. I would definitely stay in the Executive Suite if I was going again. My first stay was like being in an 1980's B&B and I did not like being in the room at all but the 2nd stay was so much more pleasurable. I am happy now that I went back because I was able to see the difference.

Dear MC0612,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you came back to stay with us and allowed us the opportunity to restore your faith in Parknasilla. I will pass on all your comments to all the team here. I look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla Resort & Spa in the very near future.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here recently for the most amazing wedding and I can’t imagine a better location and venue for such an occasion. The Hotel is closed apart from the weekends at this time of year but they opened the whole Hotel and it was full of Wedding guests. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful and the hotel is cosy warm and inviting. Yes the hotel does need some investment in the public areas and some of the rooms but it is full of character and is very comfortable. On arrival we were checked into a standard room, which I have to say is very basic and I would strongly recommend not booking a standard room until they have invested these rooms. We contacted reception and were moved to a junior suite at the front of the hotel with no hesitation. These suites are lovely and I would recommend them. They are above the bar so there is a little bit of noise from the bar, however we were a pretty rowdy bunch so it may not always be like that. The breakfast is really good and if you get down there early you’ll get a table with a fantastic view of the sea. The bar area is comfortable and the open fires were a really nice touch for this time of year. This hotel is a four star hotel with some five star aspects such as the Spa (hot tubs out side), the staff, the restaurant, and some of the rooms. I would imagine this is a great place to stay during the summer with lots to do and some fantastic walks. I don’t agree with the negative reviews of this hotel and I would strongly endorse this hotel for a holiday or short break. If you’re planning a winter wedding I would strongly recommend you check this place out too. I will be back with my family for a holiday in the summer (if I can get a booking!).

Room Tip: Standard rooms very poor, suites very nice. Great for wedding
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Tieler,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the wedding you attended here and your stay. I was disappointed to read that you did not like your original room but I am glad to see that we were able to offer you an alternative option which was to your satisfaction. While some of the rooms have been refurbished we are continually trying to improve our product where possible. It was great to note that you enjoyed all aspects the hotel has to offer and I will pass on your lovely comments to all the team here. I look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla Resort & Spa.

Carbondale, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

In serious need of updating, quite tattered. Understandably an old facility, but for the money you can do better. Rooms/bathrooms are very average with some basic amenities missing. For example, no lotion or washcloths, no WiFi in rooms and marginal at best right next to reception (this despite their claim otherwise). It was also very noisy, creaky. The staff is personable, the breakfast is good, and they have some excellent walking/running trails on the property. Other than these items, not much else positive. I would not return/recommend.

Room Tip: IF you decide to stay here, ask for a room overlooking the water, otherwise you will get a parking l...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ddb8
Dear ddb8,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoyed your stay with us. While some of the bedrooms have been refurbished we are continually trying to improve our product where possible. There is no WIFI available in the bedrooms however we do offer WIFI in the lounge beside reception and this is complimentary to all guests. I will pass on your kind words regarding the staff to all the team here. If you would like to discuss your review further please do not hesitate to contact me directly at amansworth@parknasillahotel.ie.

Killarney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

We are just home after the most relaxing weekend of our lives. We live in Killarney which is less than 1 hour drive. On arrival we were given a very warm welcome by all, the staff are so happy and all seem like they are happy to be working. Our room was fantastic, we had a suite, bar food was average, evening meal just lovely and breakfast glorious, would love a scone but not a major problem, no rush on any of the staff, with offers of extra tea and coffee. Newspapers supplied. The spa and leisure staff were great, Elaine on reception was great and Elaine (another) therapist was lovely. We had a fantastic time, thanks to all at Parknasilla, will return.

Dear tonikillarney,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to read that you had a relaxing break away and availed of all the hotel has to offer. I will pass on your lovely comments to all the team here especially to both the Elaines in the spa. I look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla in the very near future.

Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here four two nights, before we went was a bit worried about Rooms after reading reviews. Our room was quite good,if you don't mind squeaky floor boards. Food in Restaurant Excellent, but in Lounge Bar average. Staff very friendly. The Spa and leisure area are also
Excellent. Overall we had a very nice Weekend. We would recommend this Hotel.
PS don't forget to do some of the walks , very enjoyable.

Dear Anthony M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was delighted to read that you both enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your lovely comments to all the team here. I look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla in the near future.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Travelled with Husband and Son(5) and the welcome we got was fabulous. The reception staff were superb, the porters were so friendly and the staff generally couldn't do enough for us to make our trip a wonderful success. The spa and leisure area were wonderful - how many different types of Saunas and Steamrooms do you expect to find in a Spa? you will find more here. I enjoyed the hot tub on 3 x occasions overlooking the more glorious view of sea and mountains. Dinner in Pyg was devine. Wonderful choice of fresh fruit, and cooked foods for breakfast and our room was huge - with a huge bed and a lovely bathroom - 2 x balconys and a wonderful view. We only stayed 2 x nights but next time - will definitely stay longer.

Room Tip: We stayed in 143 - and loved it. It is in the newest part of the hotel - a bit of a walk from rece...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MaryMacDublin
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Marymacdublin,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. It was a pleasure to read you review. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time at Parknasilla and availed of all the hotel has to offer including the spa, the outdoor hot tubs, the food and location. Thank you for your kind words about the staff, I am very proud of the team here and look forward to passing on your comments to them.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Parknasilla Resort & Spa in the near future.

Area General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sneem
Sneem Hotel
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
#15 of 39 in Killarney
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,458 reviews

Been to Parknasilla Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!