“Magical Mid Week May Break”

Parknasilla Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sneem
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Magical Mid Week May Break”
Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

We availed of a 3 night offer B&B with dinner on 2 nights and ended up extending our stay for an extra night! The hotel was nice and quiet with a very comfortable room (executive) with a sea view. The staff were extremely approachable and helpful. The grounds of the hotel are spectacularly beautiful with some magical walks around the woods on the bay. The restaurant served top quality breakfast and haute cuisine in the evening, so tasty delish! The spa is quite cool, lots of different steam rooms and saunas with a nice pool and two outdoor jacuzzis! Our only complaint was that on our last night we were woken at 2 AM by what sounded like a jackhammer. It only lasted about 5 mins and turned out it was a problem with a heating pump, but to make up for it, the hotel subtracted the price of a bottle of wine from our bill. All in all a fantastic stay and I would recommend Parknasilla to anybody especially given the value on offer in the current economic climate!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank nannerbnhoj
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay with us at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was delighted to read you both enjoyed your stay so much you stayed with us an extra night. I will pass on all your lovely comments about your room, the views, the food and the spa to all the team here. I was disappointed to read that there was a noise from the heating pump which has since been resolved by our maintenance engineer.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest regards
Aaron Manswoth
Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Dublin
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We just returned from a mid week stay in Parknasilla Resort and Spa. It lives up to its reputation. It is located in a beautiful area in Kerry and once you drive through the gates, you immediately feel as though you're entering a different world! The staff were welcoming, courteous, friendly and extremely helpful. The food was so good that we didn't want to eat anywhere else. The spa is fabulous, especially the outdoor hot tub - its such a treat!
I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is interested in getting away from the world for a few days to indulge in some R&R.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the original hotel - lots of charactor
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bellablue2012
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for lovely review on your recent stay with us here at Parknasilla Resort & Spa.

I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay so much including the food, the spa and I will pass on your wonderful comments about the staff to all the team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla Resort and Spa in the near future.

Adare, Ireland
Reviewed April 24, 2012

It has been a few years since we previously stayed at Parknasilla. This time as we were bringing our teenage daughters as a special Easter treat, we stayed in one of the self-catering lodges.
The lodges surpassed our expectation - they were bright, clean and very comfortable with all necessary equipment to make for a very relaxing stay.
As it was the busy Easter period, the swimming pool was always busy, but the thermal spa was an oasis of calmness. With a choice of different saunas and steam rooms as well as the warm beds in front of the large windows, it was heavenly.
As we were self-catering, we did not use the restaurant, but have very fond memories of it from times past. This time we did try the bar menu one evening, and all of us were very satisfied with what was served - plenty for everyone, and not exorbitant prices.
The walking trails were excellant for the morning jogs - between the showers!
We will be returning.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KEBRIS
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review of you recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay in our two bedroom lodges including the spa and the walking trails. I will pass on your lovely comments to all the team here.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Parknasilla in the near future.

Ireland
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My wife and I booked this hotel on a friends recommendation. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is set overlooking Kenmare bay, with fantastic views. There are miles of trails around the hotel grounds, with maps given to us on check-in. Breakfast was standard but dinner was very nice, with plenty of options, especially for fish lovers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mikeden80
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of recent stay with us in Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was delighted to read both you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your lovely comments to all the team here. I look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla in the near future.

Dungarvan
Reviewed April 15, 2012

my husband and I have just had the most brilliant 2 night stay,only wish it could have been a longer stay.The atmosphere was just so tranquil,the staff so attentive and the whole experience so unforgatable ,a great get away from it all break where you dont have to leave the resort,as its all there for the guest to enjoy. The spa is a must,and the food in the resturant was a wonderful dining experience.There are fantastic walks around the grounds .The Parknasilla signiture cocktail is a must .

Room Tip: just ask for a roomwith a view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liam M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay at Parknasilla Resort and Spa. It was great to read that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us especially the spa, the many walks, the food and the Parknasilla cocktail. I will pass on your comments to all the team here. We look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla Resort and Spa in the near future and hope you will stay longer with us next time.

Cork
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I went to Parknasilla with My parents, husband and our 17 month old daughter.we all had a great time. My.father and husband went golfing while the girls went for a lovely walk after having our coffee overlooking the bay. There is a really safe green area secured with glass panels so My little woman could run around quite safe.
My mother and I went to the spa for treatments.we go to alas often and this experience was really relaxing and the service,delivery of the treatment was superb.they also had offers on which is always good!!
We had our evening meals in the restaurant, I had john dorey for main course one evening and it is still in My mind it was so fresh and tasty.our little one became agitated at meal times as she is a very busy little person and My husband and I took turns eating but staff we there straight away taking our meals away to keep them warm,offered to give us fresh dinners even one evening and they delivered our desserts to our room on one occasion!! There is supervised play and activities for age three and over so we did not have that available to us but we did go to the pool where there were lots of floating balls and other items to play with. The highlight for me was sitting in the hot tub outside watching for seals that live in the bay and taking in the views.
The staff were very friendly and accomodating and the whole experience wad worth every cent. Kenmare town,killarney and Molls gap are only minutes away in a car.
I would probably stay in the woodland retreat houses if I were to go again only because of the baby ad we were a bit confined to the room at night time.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Kittycosengas
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review of your recent stay with us here at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay golf, the spa, the food and the of course the seals. I will pass on your wonderful comments to all the team.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed there for our anniversay and OHHH My GOD what a break we had. We stayed there for 3 nights in one of the suites, what an amazing view we had, it was breathtaking. I couldnt be bothered wathcing TV I just wanted to stare out the window, the view of the sea was forever changing and we didnt see the same scene twice. Our suite was beautiful, everything that a suite needed, the queen size bed included!!!!
On our first night we had dinner booked in the beautiful resturant and my mouth is still watering when i dream of the lamb I had. It was probably the best meal ive eaten & Ive been graced by eating in many resturants throughout the world. The Breakfast was equally as tasty, an endless choice of fruits, porridge, cereals, mixed grill, pastries all in a tranqual setting.
The grounds are a walkers paradise, we both love walking and we explored the acres and acres or grounds.
I cannot describe how fablous the staff were, they were tripping over themselves to help us whilst not in our faces, we had the most beautiful retreat in the most beautiful setting in probably the nicest hotel Ive ever stayed in. I absolutly hated leaving and I CANNOT wait to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 412....AAAAAAMAZING Top floor overlooking the sea :)
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Penguin_sandwich
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us here at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was delighted you both enjoyed your anniversary celebration with us. I noted your lovely comments about your suite with the views over the bay, the food, the many walks and the staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla for your next anniversary.

Area General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sneem
Sneem Hotel
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
#15 of 38 in Killarney
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,476 reviews

Been to Parknasilla Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!