“Lovely place to stay”

Ranked #4 of 4 Tarbert B&B and Inns
Vermont
“Lovely place to stay”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My mother, sister, and I stayed for one night in July 2013 and had a very nice visit. The couple who own the farmhouse couldn't have been more welcoming. They were so nice when we showed up at 7PM with no reservation -- offered us tea and plenty of advice about where to get an evening meal.

The farmhouse is surrounded by green fields and lots of gorgeous flowers in the front courtyard. We had an upstairs room with a double bed, single bed, and ensuite bathroom. The furnishings were not fancy, but everything was neat, clean, and color-coordinated. We had a large window which looked out onto the front garden, flowers, and pasture. There was an electric kettle with all the necessary things for tea in the room -- such a welcome addition and one that I wish every lodging place had!

Breakfast the next morning was delicious and cooked to order. Mrs. Dillane gave us several choices -- we all decided on French toast which turned out to be wonderful. There was also cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, tea and coffee.

We would absolutely recommend this lovely B&B.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Couples
Business
Paris, France
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had booked and confirmed well in advance a room for 4 May 2013 but upon arrival I found the door closed. It was 17.45. No message nowhere. I called just in case the bell was not working correctly. Noone replied. I waited 15 min and then I left because it was a Saturday night, during a busy bank holiday in Ireland and I had to be sure to find a room for the night especially as Tarbert is not in a busy area.
I found an Hostel, the Ferry House, in Tarbert and the very nice owner gave a huge room for myself with 5 beds ( a double and 4 bunk beds) and an ensuite bathroom.
The owner of the B&B tracked me there at approx. 7.00 pm, and apologize saying that I arrived too early (!), that she had to do shopping (in that case when expecting a guest you at least leave a message on the door or windows) and that I could come now. To which I replied that it was too late and that I had unpacked and was getting ready to have dinner.
The only time in Ireland I found a B&B I had booked empty upon arrival, even if some days I arrived even earlier.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank ParisianAgnes

Travelers are raving about these Tarbert hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 22, 2011

This Farmhouse B&B was comfortable - and the host/hostess were very accomodating and friendly and offered several options for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarbert
Listowel Arms Hotel
Castle View House Bed and Breakfast
The Tides B&B
The Tides B&B
#2 of 21 in Ballybunion

Been to Dillanes Farmhouse B&B? Share your experiences!