“Absolutely Wonderful”
Review of Hillview Farmhouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killorglin
Hillview Farmhouse
Ranked #12 of 15 Killorglin B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We recently travelled around the southern coast of Ireland. All the B&B's we stayed in made us feel very welcomed and were all great at giving us information. If you plan to do the King of Kerry an excellent base is at the Hillview Farmhouse B&B in Killorglin. We stayed 2 nights with Dorothea & Joe Stephens and thoroughly enjoyed their company and friendly hospitality. Since it is a running dairy farm and we are from a farm, my husband even did a stint in the cowshed milking cows. We'd like to mention the Killorglin Gulf Club where Julie, her husband, and crew provided great evening meals, friendship, and a lovely view while we ate.
Thank you Dorothea & Joe!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Chris D

Reviewed August 26, 2012

It was a lovely stay at Hillview Farm. I stayed there for four days and it was the best of the six B&Bs where I was during my trip around Ireland. I had a spacious double room with a large double bed for single occupancy. It was the room with the view downhill to the Dingle peninsula. Every morning I could watch the cows walking to their meadows. The only thing in the room which can be criticised is the condition of the carpet. It urgently needs a wet cleaning.

After a restful sleep I enjoyed having a shower in the morning with a hand held shower head. Then I got a tasty breakfast with very fresh milk and eggs from the farm.

The first day I arrived much delayed in the evening. But although it was already 10.30 p.m., I got a cup of tea with homemade scones and jam. And every evening when I came back from my excursions I was asked if I would like to have a cup of tea. At my last evening I even got an Irish Coffee!

Sometimes I had a little chat with Dorothea and I got some hints for my day trips. She does her best to make their guests feel at home. If you would like, you get a lot of family contact. If you don’t want, it is ok as well. You are allowed to go on the farm where ever you want.

I recommend this accommodation warmly to everybody.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank heideblume
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Simply the best view of all of our stays in Ireland! This is a real, working, dairy farm, so expect the sights, sounds, and smells accordingly. Since my wife is from a dairy family, this was like old home week for her. That said, it was a joy to stay there, the Stephens were wonderful hosts. Dorothea found out what we liked and actually called the nearby golf course/restaurant and had them make it special for us! By the way, the view of the Dingle peninsula from the golf course is absolutely spectacular. Our vote is that this is the singularly most beautiful golf course in the world.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a view downhill to see the Dingle peninsula.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank DougF111
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I traveled through Ireland for 2 weeks staying at various B and B's and hotels. The Hillview Farmhouse was my favorite. It was like staying with my favorite aunt and uncle on the farm. This is a 7th generation working farm. The B and B is part of the farmhouse, warmly decorated with pictures and knick knacks from generations. The landscape is peaceful and beautiful. It was the most quiet night of my travels. Dorothea and Joe are friendly and non-pretentious. Dorothea's cooking is outstanding and the farm fresh eggs and milk are the best.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank jlg2433
Reviewed August 9, 2012

When we arrived, it didn't meet our expectations, as the interior looked quite old-fashioned and fully cramped with personal belongings. But our host, Dorothea, really loved her job: She had tea and scones ready shortly after our arrival and even later on the evening another pie while we are watching Olympics together with other guests in the living room - great atmosphere! We got some good advices for restaurants and the Dingle Peninsula. This is how B&B should be.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Volker_12
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Dorothea and Joe's farm is everything anyone could ask for in Irish hospitality. Not a private sign anywhere, their home was only welcoming. Tea and scones in the living room, or breakfast in the dining room. We never felt like "customers", more like American relatives meeting our Irish family. I literally sat in front of our bedroom window for over an hour, taking pictures of the day awakening. The scenery is so beautiful. The two local restaurants which Dorothea recommended were really lovely. Definitely contact her when looking at accommodations, she had just the rooms we needed. A whole vacation spent here would have plenty to see and do, and would be incredibly restful. Thank you, Dorothea, Ireland should make you the national trainer of B&B hosts.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Derry G
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Great stay at this working farm. After staying in larger towns, we wanted something a little quieter. Hillview was the perfect stop. Beautiful farm land, we enjoyed all the different animals. Dorthea and Joe were great hosts. After a tough day of driving, we asked about a bus for the Ring of Kerry. She called and booked us for the next mouring, worked out great. The best/freshist breakfest we had in our eight days of b&b's in Ireland. To our surprise, they had wireless internet. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family