“Great guest house with great owners”

Grove Lodge Riverside Guest House
Ranked #1 of 15 Killorglin B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Just back from staying here for 3 nights, the house is set in beautiful grounds and a convienent location. The room and breakfast were fantastic and the owners were friendly and accomodating. Well worth a visit and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed with Fergus and Delia from Friday to Monday during a family weekend celebration and wished we could have stayed much longer as we could not have asked for more. We were an "allsorts family party", an elderly (89 years) couple, middle aged couple, young couple and a young mum with 2 children aged 13 and 9 years. From start to finish we were made welcome and nothing was too much trouble for Fergus and Delia. The house is truely beautiful and all our rooms were spotlessly clean, very spacious and comfortable. The gardens and the view from our rooms over the river were fantastic and some of the best we have seen over quite a number of years travel and we never stay anywhere less than 4 star. Breakfast was plentiful and really well cooked and I enjoyed the chats that Delia, Fergus and our family had over the weekend. My 9 year old grandson made a friend with Rosie the dog and is missing her so much. We look forward to visiting again and for much longer this time!!

Room Tip: Ask for any room overlooking the river - they are all great.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank loganberry97
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We truly enjoyed our stay here. The house is beautiful and the grounds are lovely. We really enjoyed our room as well as our hosts, and breakfast was very good and plenty ample.

A short walk from downtown, we were able to explore Killorglin on foot which was very nice. And Killorglin is very conveniently located between Kerry and Dingle Penninsulas so we were able to get around very easily from the house. Parking is a tight squeeze and had we stayed longer than the one night we'd have had to juggle the car since parking behind the house is only available from 6pm-9am.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Just one night here, room 9 on the ground floor. Expected an ordinary B+B for the price, got an immaculate, almost Manor like home! Beautiful public areas, fabulous gardens and wonderful river views. The room was spotless. Huge. Well furnished, with a great bath and strong powerful shower. Having read a previous review re the poor breakfast, I can only say this was the best breakfast I think I've ever had! I was embarrassed at the amount and variety of food the owner left out when there was just the two of us staying. Cereals, fruit, yogurts, hams and salami, a big variety of cheeses, home made scones and muffins, home made soda and wheat breads, nutella, jams and marmalades, marmite, you can't imagine it! And I thought great tho they won't do the cooked breakfast. Boy was I wrong. Full Irish? Scrambed eggs with smoked salmon and capers? Eggs any style? Pancakes with honey and fruit? I went for the open sandwich with local ham and cheese, pineapple and peppers, and it was divine! My friend had the salmon and organic eggs. Best breakfast ever served by the owner, a wonderful Kerry lady who liked to chat and who was in the kitchen baking because she was bored! Wish she'd be bored nearer to me more often!!! I loved it. Can't wait to return there.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank tomthetank67
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The Apartment itself was beautiful, clean, modern and well furnished. It was ideal for walking to the town and touring beautiful Kerry. The various switches for the underfloor heating and hot water were explained briefly to us on arrival, however, we were not warned about how expensive it could get. We thought we were very careful, but our bill at the end of the ONE WEEK WAS 93 EUROS!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anne P
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We booked this B&B based on the reviews in Tripadvisor and were really disappointed. The room was cold and dated. The bathroom could have been cleaner and the sheets and pillowcases, although had been washed, had old ingrained stains. The duvet cover masked the smell from the duvet itself, which was not very pleasant. The breakfast was'nt great either. The cereals and food from the buffet were limited. I ordered poached eggs and bacon - the eggs were fine but the bacon was not fresh - it didn't taste right. My husband ordered the full Irish and he had the same complaint. My son ordered pancakes which were only fair - we left alot of food after us. I really don't understand how this B&B got such rave reviews - we couldn't wait to leave and would not return. It needs a good lick of paint and the bathroom could do with an overhaul.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank TrasnaNaDunta
Reviewed July 20, 2011

From accepting a last-minute reservation through to the last minute of our stay, the Grove Lodge was ideal. A friendly and open greeting, a beautiful, well-appointed, airy room; a garden to die for; lovely walks along the river; and a delicious, varied breakfast. The other travelers we met there were very interesting, as well. The Lodge also has condo-like facilities for families and longer stays. My husband is dreaming of a golf trip with friends based at the inn.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killorglin
Bianconi
Lakeshore Lodge at Caragh Lake
Ard na Sidhe Country House
Ard na Sidhe Country House
#1 of 2 in Caragh Lake

Been to Grove Lodge Riverside Guest House? Share your experiences!