“The best food in kerry...”
Review of Jacks Bakery

Jacks Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Killorglin
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We visted this bakery during a short break in Kerry. We spent a very pleasant visit sampling some serious olive rolls stuffed with brie, home baked ham and tomatoes. The kids had slices of melt in the mouth pizza slices. the staffs were charming. Impossable to resist the trays of buns and cakes.
very intersting shop, well done guys.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I Love To Call To Jacks Bakery In Killorglin, Co. Kerry When Time Allows And Specially Early In The Morning To Be Greeted By The Aroma Of Jacks Freshly Baked Breads, Cakes (His Currant Cakes Are Second To None) And Pies, Along With A Fine Fayre Of Cheeses, Salads, And Wines To Make The Mouth Water! The Banter And Service Are Friendly And The Value Is Hard To Beat, Well Worth A Call While Visiting The Ring Of Kerry!!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The food is fresh, the service is excellent and the cakes and buns are to die for - fabulous! My favourite is the "Jacks Ham" which I never tire of. The only real problem is trying to escape with my sandwich without buying a bun - they look soo tempting and taste soooo good! I'm usually good at resisting temptation, but it is impossible at Jacks!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I discovered this charming bakery a few years ago as I am a regular traveller to County Kerry. This is a small family run bakery and deli. They begin baking at some unearthly hour and seem to continue throughout the day. No matter what time I visit there seems to be something hot out of the oven. Thats what I have. Everything is fantastic. Their bread in particular is simply delicious. My holiday begins with a visit to stock up for the week. I would then sit outside and gorge on a slice of coffee cake or hot apple pie and watch life in Killorglin go bye, slowly. I would make the pilgrimage every day to stock up and for some treats even though we stay more than 15 miles away. The morning visit sets us up for the day.
My wife has to drag herself away from the cheese counter while I check out the fine wine section. Seriously, we need to promote and support shops like this. Lucky Killorglin folk.

1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and i stay in the Bianconi directly opposite this unassuming baker-deli.If we leave the window open we are awoken to the smell of freshly baked breads.We would normally stock up for the freezer before we leave.

We have introduced our extended family and friends to the breads/tarts and cakes.Our punishment is now the order is quite significant every time we visit our friends in Killorglin.
I wished i had a neighbour bakery like this one.The staff are friendly and ready to engage.I have often stood in line while they patiently help a tourist find the best route around the Ring.They are great ambassadors for irish food and the locality.

My next problem is finding a way to get 6 dozen mince pies to Dublin for Christmas.
Sunday morning can be great fun.The locals hold forth with Jack who likes to embarass his wife with a few bars of " MY OWN LOVELY LEE"
Should you pass through Killorglin,Stop and experience some genuine Irish hospitality and wicked aromas from the smallest bakery area you will ever encounter

1  Thank sasey