“Very nice experience”

Jacks Coastguard Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Killorglin
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Jacks Coastguard Restaurant is a landmark building overlooking Rossbeigh and Inch Peninsula in the seaside village of Cromane between Kilorglin & Glenbeigh on the Ring of Kerry route. Nestled against the Atlantic Ocean, enjoy panoramic sea and mountain views in one of Kerrys Top Restaurants recently named Best Seafood Restaurant in Ireland by well respected foodie Georgina Campbell as well as listings with Bridgestone & Michelin Guides. The Station Bar and Coastguard Restaurant successfully combine old world charm with modern elegance.Guests can linger over a drink in the bustling Station Bar or enjoy the soft tones of the piano through the restaurant by our resident pianist JP Murphy. Only the finest and freshest of seafood is used to create dishes that would rival the most discerning of palate. Signature dishes such a Cromane Mussels, Tiger Prawns or perfectly seared Scallops should not be missed. For the unwilling seafood diner, our succulent Fillet of Beef should suffice nicely.
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Our family of five dined here a couple of days ago at around 7pm when the restaurant wasn't too busy. We had 3 young kids with us and the staff were very accommodating to our needs. Service was good and food was lovely. The decor was beautiful and the views were stunning. Would definitely recommend and would definitely go back if in the area again.

3  Thank Genna75
There are newer reviews for Jacks Coastguard Restaurant

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We were delighted to find this place away from the touristic traps.
Original flavours, fresh fish, elegant setting and relaxing views.

3  Thank Margarita G
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Had Sunday Lunch at Jack's this week-a well earned treat for the family having tackled the garden.

The food was excellent-Pate and Chowder for starters and cod and prawns for mains with chicken gorgons, chips and mash for my son.

Portions were very generous, food was excellent and my son had two helpings of mash , all of which was delivered with a smile.

Very good value for 3 including wine and drinks came to 60 euro for three.

Highly recommend for food, ambience and service.

1  Thank Mary O
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend brought me to jacks last weekend for my birthday dinner. What a fabulous experience...the food is delicious-the taste of freshness and delicate but perfect seasoning. Jacks knows good food.
What makes jacks so special is the service. The manager is excellent! With a friendly manner he handles the meal with expertise and efficiency...loved loved loved the beautiful view with the sun just beginning to set on the strand, will most definitely be back

1  Thank Nors83
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I have dined at Jack's on many occasions! If it is a quiet, relaxed dining atmosphere you are looking for then you will be delighted with the background music played by JP on piano! The food is top quality and presentation is excellent.Crab meat/Crab claws/Sole and Haddock are always my favourites and I rarely have desert as I am stuffed so I can not comment on this. Many diners enjoy small dishes, where as I enjoy value for money! I ensure you that you will leave hungry from Jacks as the manager Brian ensures that you have enough to eat regarding sides etc and service is prompt! Jacks is also a great place to party after a dinner with something or everyone. If you like to have a private atmosphere away from the music you can find in the main restaurant! Or just move into the public bar and have a few drinks with the friendly locals

1  Thank healy-thomas86