“Great Food”

Cuisines: American, Irish, Italian, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch
Description: A Beautiful Restaurant in the heart of Castleisland
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We enjoyed a great meal here last Sunday night. We had the rib of beef - lots of meat, tasty vegtables - combination of carrots and parsnips, and then cabbage - all full of flavour and cooked well. The deserts looked good but we were too full after the large main course to try them.
Staff very friendly and helpful. We asked directions and he even came out into the street to make sure we were very clear as to where we were going.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This place is amazing a must stop and try :-) the menu is well balanced I had the seafood chowder was to die for and my husband had thai green curry cooked to perfection nice manner from the chef from nigera who showed me the direction of the rest rooms hope to return on my next trip to castleisland

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had dinner here on over the weekend, was delighted with the food. I ordered the creamy pasta dish which had been previously recommended to me by a friend and my husband had the duck, he said it was very tender and cooked to perfection. Really enjoyed the meal and the service was excellent! Well worth a visit and I will be definitely be coming back for more!

1  Thank sdunne_13
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Family run which is a really nice touch and they make you feel at home ESP in front of the fire on a cold day! I love the food esp the homemade chowder and the beef which is really tender and cooked to perfection. My boyfriend adores the steak and will beg me to go here any chance we get!! He saids it's one of the best steaks he's tasted! Hats off to the chief! The staff is always friendly and makes sure that everything is served to your liking. Top marks to The Crown.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Have been coming here for years with my family and love this place esp the sticky toffee pudding!! The food is fab and its great value!! Its family run which is a really lovely touch and it feels like your at home!!

CrownHotel C, Manager at The Crown, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Ciara O,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your continued support of The Crown.

I have to say the Sticky Toffee Pudding is a personal favourite of mine too!! Thanks very much for your kind words. Its very gratifying to receive such high praise and really makes my parents day!

Looking forward welcoming you back to The Crown,