River Island Hotel
The Ashe Hotel(Tralee)
$117
$106
Hotels.com
All reviewslovely hotelring of kerrywonderful staffcentral locationbuffet stylewarm welcomedining rooma family run hoteldinner menucountry towncouldn't do enoughrooms are basicbite to eatwell worth a visitcannot faultgreat foodthe main street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2009

Stayed in the River island Hotel for our sons wedding,staff were friendly and very helpful, have to say, the food at the wedding reception, was the best quality I have ever tasted, at Hotels.A big thankyou to all, for making us feel so at home. Next time Im in Kerry, I will certainly come their and stay.Thankyou once again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2009

We held our recent wedding reception at the River Island Hotel in Castleisland. My husband's family covered all the arrangements with the hotel prior to our arrival (we live in Australia) and I can only pass on the whole family's huge thanks on helping to make our day so special.

The hotel manager, Giles, and his team, did an absolutely wonderful job in assisting with our every need. We were so pleased with the quality of the food (my family and friends are still raving about it!), how friendly and helpful the staff were and the overall professionalism and flexibility of the hotel to cater for all our requirements (including arranging a last minute babysitter). Just wonderful!

Nothing was too much bother - just some examples - meeting us as we arrived at the hotel (in pouring rain) with umbrellas to help us in, arranging rooms to accommodate wedding guests who decided to stay over at the last minute, emergency room service for the bridal party 45 minutes before we were due to leave for the church, etc, etc.

The restaurant, function room and guest bedrooms were all lovely. The River Island hotel is just what country hotel should be - great country hospitality, lovely local food making the most of locally sourced produce, excellent service, comfortable and friendly.

I cannot recommend this hotel strongly enough - if you are visiting Kerry on holiday or for business, definitely try and stay here. Castleisland is an excellent base for a trip to Kerry and the River Island hotel is an absolute gem of a hotel!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We have just returned from attending my sisters wedding in Ireland.
The reception was at River Island Hotel and have nothing but good things to say.
The staff were excellent; food very good and a great night was had by all.
I was the MC and best man for the evening and was helped along the way by Billy who was great.
High Recommended

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed April 3, 2009

Having along with 48 others stayed in the River Island Hotel, for three nights, I can throughly recommend it for a base to stay when visiting the area around Killarney and the Ring of Kerry.
The food was fantastic, the staff were so welcoming and helpful.
It went a great way to make our holiday the fantastic one that it was.
Thanks to all the staff. From a well satisfied Cornishman

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank geraldocornwall
Reviewed March 19, 2009

I reviewed this hotel as LOVESTREET WEXFORD -i was contacted by the owner of this hotel personally and after a phone conversation i was offered a free stay in another of his hotels as compensation. He took both myselfs and my partners mob numbers and also my address and promised to forward the voucher immediatly

i never recieved anything