“Overnight Stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shannon
Green Bay, United States
“Overnight Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

The staff for the most part were very accommodating. My one complaint was not having assistance offered in getting my mom over the airport that morning. On the up side, they did allow us to leave a bag with some of my daughter's things at the front desk for to come and pick up. The bathroom had a problem with mildew.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Thank Mary H. G
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Mary,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

I have been in contact with you by email and I am delighted that you will be returning to stay with us on your next visit to Ireland.

Louise O'Hara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Emmitsburg, Md
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Any number of times, I've stayed at this venue. It is incredibly convenient to Shannon, particularly the night before an early departing flight. Was shocked at my last visit how tawdry it had become. Even one of the letters was missing from the sign on the main road. (Signage is generally terrible in Ireland!) The place was nearly empty which didn't surprise me after I'd experienced the decline of the hotel. Pub was decent as was the service. Radisson had better wake up and work on bringing this hotel up to snuff again. Great Southern had it right when they ran the place. When all is said and done, however, Location trumps mediocrity. I might be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Michael R
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Michael,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

We are currently in the process of renovating our bedrooms and bathrooms so hopefully you will return and see the improvements in the future.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your time in Blair's Bar and found the service to be good.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Cork
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

So we stayed in the Shannon Park for one night on our way to New York. Travelling up from Cork we arrived at the hotel at approx 7 o clock, to a long line of people checking in and one desk operative.

With each check in she have some information and omitted the rest to each customer. Some were informed about wifi, others where early check out beverages were provided, others with nothing at all or only bits. When it came to our turn, our pre booked room for the night and week long car parking quickly was debated. Our first night was confirmed free finally and the maths of how many nights we were staying over was debated at length before she actually confirmed we were correct.

It was already exhausting, while in the middle of this another woman who had just checked into a town room with her teenage son, two customers before us, returned to the desk. How could she possibly have her son sleep I'm a double bed with her, the poor boy was moody and mortified and it caused much discomfort when the receptionist flattered around sorting us and trying to answer the phone and fix her faulty room allocation.

In the middle of all of this and being 7 months pregnant, I asked her to book a cab for us in the morning at 6 for our early flight, she insisted the airport was a two minute walk and I reiterated we had 4 large bags and I was expecting. On receiving our room cards my husband asked if the taxi would be confirmed and we realised she had forgotten again.

And again my reception was how near it was??? At this point there was another two check ins behind us, as well as the poor woman and her son and once again I was shouting from the roof tops I was pregnant, lovely, I must say.

You know what came next shocked me even more, we were sent up 3 huge flights of stairs, no lift, to our room. My husband had to hall each and every bag individually and back down again first thing, it was horrible.

Then the room, my god it was a horror, so old fashioned, a horrible huge empty 80's style desk took up a huge portion, the tea facilities were shabby and dirty and the bed had two tiny flat pillows as well as awful bedding.

The shower was loud enough to wake the whole floor, even the toilet and sink pipes would set a huge cluster of noises off for a good 10 minutes after use and the tv hummed with each channel choice.

I honestly have never come across such a hotel, thank god we were heading to New York the following morning as it was an experience I wanted to forget as soon as possible.

I can say it was so bad on occasion we had to laugh it was like faulty towers 'what else could go wrong' type situation.

The exterior and lobby pictures of this hotel were quite deceiving trust me when I say I'm not a complainer when it comes to hotels and usually leave things go but please god stay somewhere else, or arrive for your flight early, the Shannon radisson park is a disgrace and overpriced to say the least, not to mind considering what we went through, suffice to say we grabbed the car and ran on our return.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank 11willow11
Dear 11willow11,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was very disappointed to read your review and I would be grateful if you would contact me personally at louise.ohara@rezidorparkinn.com to discuss your stay.

Louise O'Hara

Travelers are raving about these Shannon hotels

Half Moon Bay, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Motel 6 is a step up from this.
The bar food is not bad - but the hotel is awful.
Next time I'd rather sleep on the floor in the Airport. (I'm only partially kidding). It's embarrassing to have a hotel like this first or last port of call for tourists in Ireland.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jbod77
Dear jbod77,

I am sorry that you were disappointed with our hotel however I am glad to say that we are renovating our bedrooms and bathrooms at present so hopefully you might stay with us again in the future and see the improvements made.

West Huntspill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Another successful stay courtesy of the team in the hotel. The greeting was warm fr1endly the room as expected food was good bar staff, (staff in general) good. As the airport develops I'm sure it will be hard to get a room, well done team.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Martin,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I hope that we will see you back again in the near future.

LaPorte, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

We had reservations at a B&B near Bunratty Castle but, when we arrived, we were told they had made alternate arrangements for us because they had no water and the electricithy was not reliable. This was all due to a bad storm that had hit the area a few days prior. They sent us to the Park Inn at Shannon Airport. It was okay but the bathroom looked a little "tired" and it had some mold issues. Breakfast was okay but not prepared to order as in B&Bs.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Carol,

Thank you for your recent review.

We are currently in the process of renovating our rooms so I hope that you will stay with us in the future when you will see the improvements made.

Tralee, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

As the weather was bad I decided to stay here as I had an early morning flight. The reception was good and the room was nice when I walked in but when I went into the bathroom I made the mistake of looking up. The ceiling was covered in big mould spots. The soap dispenser was also grubby and the bathroom was really dated.
The mattress on the bed was almost springless as if it had never been changed since opening.
The restaurant food was nice but pricey. If I was staying longer than my eight hours I would have asked for a different room based on bathroom ceiling. Slightly embarrassed that tourists would experience this possibly as first stop.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank LyonsDee
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.

I sincerely wish to apologise for your disappointing stay with us.

We are currently in the process of renovation our bedrooms so I hope that you will return and see the improvements in the future.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your meal.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Louise O'Hara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shannon
The Oakwood Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,029 reviews

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport? Share your experiences!