“Great for airport and very pleasant staff”

Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shannon
Reviewed August 10, 2013

You can't get any closer when you have to leave in the am. This hotel is an easy walk to the airport. You have to follow the painted footprints. They have carts if you need them to walk across the parking lot.The staff gave us our wake up call for the am. Very important!!!! We also enjoyed the bar and restaurant. Very nice people work here. Thank you for ending our trip on a great note!

Room Tip: We had a nice view of the gardens and the river.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing 5 star review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The hotel overall is in need of face-lift(rooms had that musty smell, carpets were stained and worn looking,and you don't really want to try to go behind beds to find electrical outlets***very dusty would be a understatement), however it was convenient with the Airport Lobby a short walk away, the staff very helpful and professional.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your bedroom. We are currently renovating our bedrooms and bathrooms so hopefully on your next stay you will see the changes made.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We booked this hotel because of its proximity to the airport having to make early morning flights. During the night, my daughter became ill with a fever and the hotel could not have been more helpful. They got us an excellent doctor in the middle of the night. In the morning when we learned we couldn't fly, they moved us without a request from me to an even better room. They showed genuine concern for our well-being. I would most definitely recommend this hotel when you are transiting through Shannon as it is close, clean and courteous.

• Stayed: August 2013
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear MaryAnne,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

I was sorry to hear that your daughter fell ill during your trip and I sincerely hope that she is making a good recovery.

I was delighted to read that our staff members were able to assist you as best possible in this difficult situation.

I hope that you had a good return flight home and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I've made several overnight stays at this hotel purely for its convenience to Shannon Airport. The reception/restaurant areas are attractive and the front desk clerk was very helpful, and it's in a superb location for early flights out of Shannon, but the rooms really need to be refurbished.

The carpet was extremely old and visibly stained. The TV remote didn't work properly (the TV couldn't be turned on and off via the remote). The desk lamp didn't work. I was concerned about the cleanliness of the bedding since the rest of the room felt old/dirty and the bedding looked lumpy as though it had been improperly or hurriedly made. I slept on my coat instead of the sheets.

The bathroom fixtures were at least 25 or 30 years old and the grouting in the shower and on the floor was moldy and broken in places. I doubt the ability of the cleaning staff to actually sanitize those issues between uses. There was no blow dryer in the bathroom.There are wall-mounted soap dispensers at the sink and in the shower. Don't expect travel-sized shampoo/conditioner either.

There was no coffee maker in the room, though they have coffee and breakfast pastries between 5am and 7am in the reception area. I was there at 5:20am and there was no milk left in the tiny pitcher provided.

It could be a nice hotel and it has a great location, but those bathrooms especially need to be re-done.I probably would not stay there again, even with the convenience of the location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your bedroom and bathroom. We are currently in the process of refurbishing our bedrooms and bathrooms so hopefully if you decide to stay with us in the future you will see the improvements.

I sincerely wish to apologise for the fact that the milk jug was empty at our complimentary 'Grab & Run' and I will be addressing this with the Front Desk team today.

I hope that you will return to see our newly refurbished rooms in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I haven't stayed here in a while. I usually stay in the Radisson Dublin, but I had to leave from Shannon. First the good news, the beds were comfortable and the room was clean. They have also improved their restaurant offerings and quality which is a nice touch. On the negative side, the chairs at tables in the bar seem to be hold overs from when it was the Great Southern. Old, worn, and uncomfortable. The elevator wasn't working (we only had to carry bags up one flight). The "TV" in the room wouldn't turn on, which wasn't that big a deal since the screen size was about the size of a laptop. If you are going to have TV's in a hotel room, perhaps you should consider having a watchable screen size, say 25 inches or more.

They have replaced the toiletries selection with a "mild soap" dispenser and a I kid you not, a 2 inch square bar of soap. As a frequent traveler, I appreciate having quality toiletries in the room, not a "mild soap dispenser" for all purposes.

The only option for air circulation is opening the window, the rooms have old style radiators. The hotel needs a major renovation. They have done a good job in updating the rooms and bathrooms, but the reality is it needs a major re-do. Given the dubious future of Shannon Airport, I am not sure I would make that investment.

They have free internet for browsing, but the speeds are slow, and they offer the option of buying up to a faster connection.

Finally, it is very convenient to the airport, about a 2 minute walk and the hotel's staff is friendly. It's the best option among limited choices, just wish it were better.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

I was delighted that you found our beds to be comfortable and you enjoyed our restaurant offering.

I have taken all your points on board and I am also delighted to advise you that we are currently renovating our bathrooms and bedrooms so hopefully you will have an opportunity in the future to see the improvements being made.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great location, especially as we needed to make a 8am flight. Good bar and restaurant ,pleasant staff and nice wide corridors. No lifts? Hard lumping 20 kg bags upstairs. Double beds are a bit too small for today's expectations, better to have queen size. Bathrooms starting to show their age but quite clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room and a queen size bed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our location to be ideal for the airport. I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed our bar and restaurant and that you found our staff members to be pleasant.

I am delighted to advise that we are currently renovating our bathrooms so hopefully you will have the opportunity to see the improvements should you be visiting the area in the future.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here before flying out of Shannon airport. The hotel is nothing fancy, but it did the job. It was dated, but clean. There is no air conditioning so ask for a fan to put in the window. We were able to just walk from the hotel parking lot right into the airport parking lot. I would stay here if I needed a place to stay before flying out, but wouldn't stay here otherwise.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you found our hotel to be convenient for the airport and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Louise O'Hara

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shannon
The Oakwood Hotel
Bunratty Manor Hotel
Bunratty Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bunratty
Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport? Share your experiences!