“Poor hotel but good location”

Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shannon
Cork
“Poor hotel but good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

The two good things with this hotel are the location, within walking distance to the airport and the car park where you can leave your car for €5 per day. The room was really tired and the bathroom is in great need of modernisation. The staff was not friendly. The hotel relies on the location only.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Louise O, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us here at the Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport.

I was delighted to read that you found our hotel to be convenient to the airport and that you were happy with our car parking facilities.

Our rooms are currently being refurbished so hopefully you will see the improvements should you stay with us again in the future.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Manistee, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed here to catch our flight this last Tuesday night. Our bed appeared to be a Murphy bed that pulled out of the wall and was extremely uncomfortable. The toilet ran for 20 minutes after you flushed it. The faucets in the sink did not work properly. We paid extra to have breakfast included and all the hot trays were pretty much cleaned out by 9am. They did bring me some scrambled eggs when I asked. Everything was clean, but a little worn out. Could have stayed at a B & B for half the cost. The convenient location was nice, but a little drive would have been worth it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank maddiesmom66
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us here at the Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport.

I was very disappointed to read your comments following your stay and I would very much appreciate if you would kindly contact me at the following: roisin.mcgee@rezidorparkinn.com to discuss your stay in detail.

We would love the oppurtunity to welcome you back here with us at the Park Inn by Radisson in the future where we can assure you your expectations will be met.

Operations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Shannon hotels

Mayo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed for one night before flying next day. Hotel entrance very nice, good car park and friendly front of house staff. Room very 'tired' and bed so uncomfortable. Next time would chose another hotel as really missed out on a sleep due to really hard mattress.

Room Tip: If you like a comfortable bed, then my experience of this hotel wouldn't be positive
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank choices8882000
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you found the hotel to be nice, you were happy with our car parking facilities and that you found our staff to be friendly.

I sincerely wish to apologise for your disappointment with your bedroom. We are currently in the process of refurbishing our rooms so hopefully you will see the improvements should you stay with us in the future.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us here at the Park Inn by Radisson

Sunnyvale
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I might stay at this hotel again for its location. It is literally within easy walking distance from the terminal at Shannon. However, the walkway is not covered and it rains a lot. The room was acceptable and the bed reasonably comfortable. However, everything else about the hotel was extremely dated and inconvenient. It has two sets of old-style double doors that are a serious obstacle to luggage. .All the rooms are either up or down stairs, no lifts, and no assistance was offered for luggage when I checked in. Don’t stay at this hotel if you have any accessibility requirements.

I spent a good half an hour trying to make a telephone call. The front desk did not answer when I called them. After an in-person request, they did connect my phone to the desk, but it took three more calls before they finally removed a block on the phone that prevented any outside connections.

The restaurant was not open and the bar food mediocre. Most people had to try to manage eating their dinner seated at low cocktail tables.

The person at the front desk forgot to take an imprint of my credit card, so I had difficulty charging anything to the room. When I complained about the numerous problems with the hotel, the person at the desk implied that they were all my fault.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SueSigma
Louise O, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us here at the Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport.

I was very disappinted to read your comments and I would be delighted if you could contact me at roisin.mcgee@rezidorparkinn.com to follow up on your stay with us.

Lancashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have just returned from a weekend break to Ireland(5 to 7 April), flying into Shannon on Friday evening & returning out of Cork on Sunday we spent our first night at the park inn which is just across the car park from the terminal building & i must say that all of the staff at the hotel were very friendly & nothing was too much trouble, From the receptionist to the bar staff & the chambermaids they all had smiles on their faces & made us feel most welcome, the rooms were warm and clean, the food was both tasty & plentiful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who will be arriving early evening or has a early morning flight

Room Tip: We had rooms 219 & 229 which have views across the estuary & get the early morning sun
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Harry T
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Harry,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel following your stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your short stay with us and that you found our staff members throughout the hotel to be friendly.

Thank you also for recommending our hotel. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We VERY MUCH prefer Shannon Airport to Dublin for our annual visits to Ireland, and a few years ago we started staying our last night at the Park Inn. We grab a trolley from in front of the hotel, roll our bags (trolley and all) into our room, drop off the rental car at the terminal and walk literally three minutes across the parking lot to the hotel. Here we find all the important components of our final night of the trip -- decent food, excellent Guinness, a quiet room and a good night's sleep.
We prepaid this year and got the room for 68 Euro.
The hotel has been upgraded throughout the years in subtle ways, and we are mostly pretty satisfied. Our room has always been clean, the sheets fine, the pillows OK, the TV a little on the small side but acceptable. The windows do open, which is wonderful, and the heat is responsive.
We have two complaints, one major and one minor. The major one was the shower in our room, which is now a stall shower only, with the open side covered by a curtain. The faucets are inside across from the curtained side, so you have to reach in and turn on the water, and cannot avoid being hit by a blast of cold water when you do this. What were they thinking? The faucet should be on the side and you should be able to reach in and turn it on without getting drenched. The curtained (open) side also opens close to the wall, and it's easy to bang your arm on the towel bar while exiting the shower. Because the hotel provides squeeze bottles of combination shampoo/shower gel on the wall of the shower, they provide no shelf, hook or dish for a traveler to place his or her own bar of soap or bottle of shampoo. After I washed with the soap I brought, I had to leave the shower and put it on the counter near the sink.
My minor complaint was one I didn't have until I started reading the reviews here -- tea and pastries for people leaving early? A steam room? We had no idea that these amenities were offered! We also didn't realize that there are public computers down one corridor until we overheard a man mention it to someone else. But that's minor. Park Inn, please do something about the blast-of-water-in-your-face shower!

1 Thank Anne N
Dear Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us here at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport.

I was delighted to read that you are regular guests of ours. It is great that you can have a relaxing night with an excellent pint of Guinness prior to your departure and as you say walk across the parking lot to the airport in the morning.

I do wish to apologise for the inconvenience caused with the shower in your room and we will address this. I was also sorry that you were not made aware of our complimentary pastries for our early departure guests.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We'd stayed at the some beautiful manor homes in Ireland, so this was very much a let down, but in terms of convenience it couldn't be beat--we had a 6:30am flight and it is a 5 minute walk from the hotel to the terminal. They even put out tea and pastries for people leaving early, which was a nice touch.

Room Tip: The outdoor lighting is incredibly bright, and if you're unlucky enough to get a room with a spo...
1 Thank london_import
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you found our hotel to be convenient for the airport and that you enjoyed our complimentary coffee and pastries on departure.

I hope that we wil have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Louise O'Hara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shannon
The Oakwood Hotel
The Old Ground
The Old Ground
#1 of 9 in Ennis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,480 reviews

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport? Share your experiences!