“Good airport hotel”

Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shannon
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We have stayed in the Park Inn a few times on our way to and from Shannon airport. The reception staff were lovely and the lady in the breakfast room was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were lovely and very comfortable. The only thing that let it down was the dinner at night. We didnt think that the food was great.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Louise O, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Helen,

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a review following you recent stay with us here at the Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport.

I was delighted to read your lovely comments about our staff and rooms.

I appreciate your feedback on the food in the bar, your comments will be taken back to the team in the hope that should you be returning that we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We only stayed here because we had an early morning flight the next morning. The hotel itself is ok, the room was fine.

We ate dinner at the restaurant in the hotel and the waitress was not good. She was cranky and unattentive. I would not recommend eating there.

The major problem I had with the room was that (I didn't realise until it was the middle of the night) that the blanket is inside the sheet. So if you get too hot and want to take the blanket down, you can't leave the sheet on you. Neither one of us was able to sleep at all because the room was cold but it was way too hot under the blanket. Obviously, you could turn the heat up in the room and sleep without any cover at all, but it would be preferable (for us at least) to have a cover. Just something to be aware of when staying here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Louise O, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Lisa,

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us here at the Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport.

I was disappointed to read that you did not find our service in our restaurant attentive whilst dining, This is certainly not the standard and your comments will be addressed with the team.

Should you be staying with us again we can leave extra sheets in your room for your convenience and comfort.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future where we will ensure your stay with us is an enjoyable one

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here because our flight arrived at Shannon at 11 pm, and the hotel is a convenient walk from the terminal. I found it quite nice during a stay several years ago and I understand it had declined quite a bit, but is now under new management.During our visit place seemed clean and well-run; check-in was effortless and the room quite large and the bed comfortable, although our view was of the parking lot and the bathroom fixtures and room furniture were tired, even beat-up, but no big issue for only one night's stay.

The bar was a bland, even featureless hotel bar, perfectly acceptable but a bit of a letdown for Ireland -- I still remember enjoying their wonderful Irish Coffee during my last visit; this time not so much. The restaurant offers a breakfast buffet which was quite good, although as expected fairly pricy -- although bed & breakfast options are available when booking.

My biggest complaint has little to do with current management, which seemed to be trying -- but there's little management can do about the hotel's architecture. Our rooms were in a very oddly-placed wing of the building that required going up a short flight of stairs then down another, longer flight -- with no elevator access! How can a hotel of this standard require guests to climb up and down stairs?

Thankfully one of the desk staff helped my 84-year-old mother-in-law with her luggage -- a thoughtful gesture which we appreciated. Since it was so late and we were tired we didn't ask the desk to move us to more convenient rooms, although had we arrived any earlier I certainly would have.

So for convenient access to Shannon Airport the hotel is perfectly acceptable, but if you're traveling with much luggage or if anyone in your party needs help with suitcases, insist upon a room on a floor with elevator access.

Room Tip: Not all floors have elevator access -- if that's an issue advise the desk when checking in.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Casey1994

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you found the hotel to be conveniently close to the terminal, clean, prompt check in service and your room to be spacious and comfortable.

We are currently in the process of refurbising our bathrooms so hopefully you will see these improvements should you be returning.

Unfortunately we do not operate an elevator on that side of the hotel but I was glad to read that you availed of our assistance to your room.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Carol gave us a lovely welcome and we were checked in quickly.

Our room was large and nicely decorated with a TV, iron and ironing board and tea and coffee making facilities and free wi-fi.

The bathroom was a bit dated and the toilet didn't seem to work that well however, it had a powerful hot shower and was a decent size.

The sheets looked a bit stained which was a bit disconcerting, however the bed was comfortable and we slept well.

It's a nice hotel with a bar that's open until late and minutes walk from the airport which was useful for catching an early flight.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eatydrinky
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us here at the Park Inn Shannon Airport

I was delighted to read that you received a warm welcome and a prompt check in from our receptionist Carol and that you found your room to be spacious, nicely decorated and were satisfied with all of the room facilites.

We are currently in the process of reburbishing our bathrooms so hopefully you will see the improvements should you be staying with us in the future.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon

Louise O'Hara

Reviewed September 29, 2012

After traveling for 26 hours straight due to flight delays, this place looked like Heaven on Earth to us. We arrived in Shannon around 11pm. We could not get our car rental at that time and this hotel was easy to walk to from the airport. The staff was friendly and our room was spacious and comfortable. The hotel is old and could use some refurbishment, but all in all it was fine. One thing though. There was no elevator and we were on the 3rd floor. Dragging our suitcases up the stairs after such a horrendous flight was not fun, but we made it. I don't know if the elevator was out of service or if there just wasn't one.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us here at the Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport.

I was deligted to read that you had a comfortable stay with us, found the hotel to be conviently close to the airport and that you found our staff to be friendly.

Unfortunately we do not operate an elevator on that side of the hotel however we do offer porter assistant to help guests with their luggage on check in and check out

We are currently in the process of refurbishing our bedrooms so hopefully you will see the improvements should you be staying with us in the future

I do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon

Louise O'Hara

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed here because I had an early morning flight out of Shannon Airport. However, I had numerous problems with this hotel. First, I had booked a room with a double bed, but when I arrived they wouldn't give me this type of room - the clerk said that solo travelers have to take a single (twin) bed room. I finally gave up arguing with him. Next, the foyer light in the room was going off like a strobe light - it took three visits to the desk and three hours to get the bulb changed. The TV didn't work. Again, after about three hours they found out it was the circuit breaker and switched it back on. Then the volume on the TV didn't work right (they never did fix that). The red message light on the phone was flashing, but no message. When I asked them to switch it off somehow I was told to "just ignore it" - kind of difficult in a dark room when you're trying to go to sleep. And there was a halogen floodlight just outside the window of my room - not a good location to put it. Probably the worst thing was: it says in their ad that the rooms are "climate controlled". That's not exactly true. There was no thermostat in the room. In the winter you can adjust the radiator valve to provide more heat, but in warm weather there is no way to cool the room, except to open the window. I did this to try and cool off the room (it was hot and stuffy when I arrived), but since the airport road is about 50 yards away, you consequently get a lot of noise in your room. Not good for sleeping. The positives: it was clean, the bed nice and firm, and the hotel is very close to the airport.

Room Tip: Don't get any room at this hotel in mid-summer when it's hot. There is no way to cool off t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank David18748947
Louise O, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us here at the park Inn by Radisson.

I sincerely wish to apologise for your disappointing stay with us. Our aim is to achieve complete guest satisfaction and I regret that you feel we did not achieve this on this occassion.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future where I will ensure your stay with us is a very enjoyable one.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I booked this hotel knowing that I did not want to inconvenience my cousins, whom I was staying with in Limerick City, to drive me to airport early on a Monday morning. Arrived Sunday evening and was pleasantly surprised at arrival from the warm greeting at reception to location of our room which overlooked the Shannon Estuary.

Room was clean, did not smell and was very roomy. The only downside was the floors creaked. If I had to be in the room for many hours, it would have driven me mad. The bar was very nice and the pub grub tasty and reasonably priced. The bartenders were very curtious and friendly.

I did call the day before and requested a refurbished room. The beds were extremely comfortable and the free wifi in room was spot on... No complaints.

The only regret I had was forgetting to leave a tip for the chambermaids, as I was so impressed with the cleanliness of the room... was so worried about my bags being overweight, I did not realize my mistake until I was on the plane!

I would stay here again, as it is literally a stones throw across the parking lot of Shannon...

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank noseymama62

Dear Guest,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us here at the Park Inn by Radisson and to read your lovely comments regarding our food, cleanliness of room, comfort , convenience to the airport and that you found our staff to be curtious and friendly throughout your stay.

Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shannon
The Oakwood Hotel
Bunratty Manor Hotel
Bunratty Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bunratty
Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport? Share your experiences!