“worn and dirty”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shannon
Huntington, New York
“worn and dirty”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This hotel is well-located at Shannon airport. Unfortunately it has no competition. We stayed one night prior to flying back to New York. We previously stayed at Park Inn at Dublin airport which is far superior to this hotel. The hotel is not clean. Black scum around faucets in bathtub. Even couches in lobby are dirty. Our bedroom door would not lock or even close. I called desk and was told someone would come to fix it. This did not happen. We managed after much manipulation of a loose lock to close door and placed chair against it. I told management on departure of our disappointment. I hope they will clean up this hotel and maintain it better. We will never stay there again. It was one of the worse hotels we have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!! Even if it is outside airport
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank maybird3110
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was very disappointed to read your comments and I would be delighted if you could contact me at louise.ohara@rezidorparkinn.com to follow up on your stay.

Louise O'Hara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is a lovely, clean, friendly, professionally run hotel. It also happens to be very convenient for a morning flight out of Shannon, but that is far from the only thing going for it. The restaurant serves quality food. The grab & go continental breakfast was generous and complimentary (croissants, pain au chocolat, fruit, good coffee and tea); I only wish there had been orange juice. Room is very clean and well-appointed with cable TV. I'm so glad I too a chance with this place. I wouldn't recommend for a long-term stay (you probably don't want to stay in Shannon long anyway), but for a late arrival or a early departure it's absolutely perfect.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the water rather than facing the airport terminal
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank flaneur40
Dear Guest,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read your lovely comments regarding our food, service, room and convenience to the airport.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Booked and payed on line to stay in this hotel last may to stay on the 2nd sept before my early flight to london .when i chequed in at 5.30 and requested a smokeing room i was told that the room was not cleaned yet and would have to wait 20 minutes the 20 mins lasted 2 hours as people ware chequing in and in i was offered a cup of coffee i refused was then offered a drink on the house i refused the lady at the desk did apoligse ,when i got the room was a very nice one .on this grab and go breackfast no show was told at 4.30 in the morning that it would not be there till 7 i was not amused.

Room Tip: wait two hours for a room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank lilac408
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us here at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport.

I sincerely wish to apologise for the fact that you had to wait for 2 hours for your room and I will be addressing this today with the team.

I was glad that you liked your room however disappointed that our grab and run was not available for you at 4.30am. We operate our grab and run from 4.30 - 7am.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Arizona
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The ultimate convenience: Get up, check the flight-status monitor in the lobby, and walk about 100 yards (across a quiet parking lot) to the front door of the airport.
The room (221) was nice, clean, and modern. It faced the road, but there was no significant noise (Friday night). The bath had only a shower stall, but that was fine for me. Wireless was free, although just a bit slow. The bed was comfortable.
Dinner at the hotel's restaurant was OK. I was a little disappointed that breakfast was not included (for me). Their continental breakfast was about 7 euros and was adequate -- not great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Barry,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our hotel to be so convenient for the airport.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

San Diego, California
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had a 7:30 a.m. flight out of Shannon, so we picked the Park Inn for its convenience. We dropped off the car the night before and walked over to the hotel. The staff at reception and in the bar/restaurant were very helpful and friendly. The room was a good size, but the bathroom was in terrible shape - scum in the bottom of the sink drain stopper, mold on the shower walls. They had computers available for flight check-in, but the printer was out of ink. Rather than replace the cartridge, they said to have the boarding pass faxed to the hotel. I tried that, but only one of four passes came through.

They did have coffee and fruit, rolls, breakfast bars out early, so we could grab them and go to the airport. Other than the bathroom, everything else in the hotel was fine. Let's hope they make some attempt to clean it up. Even so, I would probably stay again for the convenience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I sincerely wish to apologise for the issues with your bathroom. We are currently refurbishing our bathrooms so hopefully you will see the improvement should you stay with us in the future.

I was delighted to read that you found our staff members to be helpful and friendly.

Louise O'Hara

Travelers are raving about these Shannon hotels

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was served by a very good Irish bar man. Proper glass and reasonable glass of wine for 5 euros. good value. I liked the way they were showing gaa sports on the TV. The bath was sunken down and for an older person it might be difficult to get out of. Otherwise was nice and quiet.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

I was delighted to read that you found our bar staff member to be good and that you enjoyed the GAA on TV.

Louise O'Hara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shannon
The Oakwood Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bunratty
The Inn at Dromoland
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport? Share your experiences!