“It's still the best”

Marconi's
Ranked #5 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A charming family run restaurant managed personally by the Foyles for a century. We focus on fresh, seasonal ingredients, (sourced locally where possible), specialising in Seafood and traditional Irish Favourites, there is something to suit every taste. The restaurant is set in distinctive surroundings, full of interesting artefacts covering the history of Connemara and the hotel. You can expect a professional, friendly service, creative cooking, offered at a fair price in a relaxed ambience.
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I visited here with my partner for dinner. We enjoyed superb service and food. I've decided because this is Clifden to give this restaurant an excellent rating. This is a mediocre town for dining. Mitchell's was still closed on my recent visit that means its pubs or hotels for dining. So it was Marconi's for us. I enjoyed the lamb while my partner had the steak. It was excellent. If I had a complaint into would be to do with the vegetables. ..a little bland. But the quality of the main course meats outweighed the blandness of the veggies. I would urge the management to sort this out as it marred my last experience as well....but this was melt in our mouth meat ...cooked to perfection. With this quality I will not be going back to Mitchell's .. This is very high quality for Hotel dining ..but it's part of the Foyle family empire.." Nuff said"

Reviewed January 20, 2013

25 Euro per person, 3 courses, delicious apps and main courses. I had the Hake which was served with some perfectly cooked root veggies and a finely poured Guinness. For apps I had the mushrooms and was tempted to be selfish and not share any of them. :) My friend enjoyed the Turbot and the smoked salmon app which looked amazing, I did sample the Turbot and it was quite tasty indeed. Dessert was over the top for me because I was already stuffed yet I indulged and for the life of me I can't remember what it was called (something fancy for sure) all I know is it wasn't on the menu and it was the last order they had left of it... It was chock full of sweet and delicious berries which is about all I remember. Sorry! Anyway if you are in Clifden and looking for some seafood (if you are looking to stretch your money, get in on the Early Bird special) hit up Marconis.

My only gripe (if you will) was service was a little slow, which I found strange because there weren't a great many tables to tend. It seemed ages to get a refill of water... nonetheless the staff were friendly and it was a great way to wind down (and get totally stuffed) after exploring Inishbofin.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Ate here on New Years Eve with my brother and our partners. The food, service and atmosphere were all excellent! Highly recommended, would definitely visit here again.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Ate here for the second time on New Years Eve having visited 2 weeks prior. On both occasions we were very impressed. Lovely food and great service. Will return again very soon!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Our hotel (the quay hose) recommended this as one of a few better venues in Clifden and you won't be disappointed. Service and food quality were great without being fantastic but the staff were great. Give t a go.