“Good place, nice and central, lovely staff”
Review of Dun Ri Guesthouse

and 1 more site!
Dun Ri Guesthouse
Ranked #12 of 45 Clifden B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 11, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for a night in July for a total cost of 70 Euros. We found the staff to be very helpful after we walked in off the street with no prior booking. We asked for a room with a bath and were offered a viewing, we liked it and were given the keys. When we returned with our car half an hour later (limited off road parking provided) they spontaneously offered to change our room for a bigger one, which we were even more pleased with. Although the place is basically a B&B it does provide a guest lounge equipped with tea bags, instant coffee, biscuits and a kettle as well as a PC with free Internet access, TV and a piano. WiFi was provided to all guest rooms, but I had difficulty with the signal strength, however I found the staff very helpful sorting this out and they offered us yet another room change so that we could be closer to the signal transmitter! I did not wish to trouble them further and so instead I decided to do my work in the lounge where the signal strength was good.

I did find the breakfast rather disappointing, the menu listed items as, this “or” that, rather than this “and” that. So it was a cooked breakfast or a yoghurt or something else, rather than cooked breakfast followed by yoghurt followed by something else. I ignored this and asked for what I wanted and they did actually provide it all without question so maybe the menu had just been badly designed. Toast was a bit thin and beans tasted like a cheap variety. However my wife choose the fresh fruit salad which she thought was excellent with good fresh ingredients. Clifden is a nice town with superb countryside a little further out. The location of the B&B within the town is fairly central and I’d be happy to stay here again if in the area, particularly because of the good helpful nature of the staff (who I suspect are a family running the place).

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 9, 2010

The rooms in this very well maintained guest house were spacious , and light . Although it is close to the street all windows had double glazing so no chance of street noise.The breakfast menu was varied and I had the best fresh fruit salad with yoghurt that I had during my stay in ireland. it is only 1 minute walk to Clifdens main street . Bed was extremely comfortable. heavier curtains/blinds to block out the light in the early morining would have been appreciated. Good lounge area and use of computer.Owners helped us with our bags ( some stairs top floor). scrupulously clean .

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Dun Ri is a perfect guesthouse for comfortable accomodation in the centre of town. Rooms are spacious, bed linen is of high quality and the mattresses are very comfortable. Added benefit is that breakfast is served until 1030 if you have had a heavy night on the Guiness! We left some lost property behind and they were more than happy to post it on to us as a gesture of goodwill.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2010

One of the best guesthouses we stayed at in 2 weeks in Ireland: peat fire, free internet, cozy livingroom with books and DVDs, welcoming hosts, great price (off season at least), beautiful wooden furniture in rooms. Lots to do in the area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We were travelling around Ireland and stayed only at B&B accommodation throughout the trip. We stumbled across Dun Ri as we were driving through Clifden and chose it because the location was quiet and off the main road, but easy walking distance to Clifden town. The rooms are very spacious and decorated in a cosy antique style - Victorian or early 20th Century. The beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms fabulous - large bath and plenty of hot water. The lounge/sitting room was inviting, with big room chairs, books and fireplace. If I had the chance I definitely would have stayed longer. It was great value for money - we stayed in October at the end of the season and were really grateful to have come across this gem. Don't be put off by the size of it or the plain facade, inside is lovely. The owners live onsite. The breakfast was a full home cooked Irish breakfast, plus choice of cereals, fruit, juice the whole works. Loved this place.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2010

The minute you walk in you feel at home! The big fireplace, the wooden floors, the rugs and armchairs! I stayed for one night but if I knew how cozy this place is I would have stayed longer. The room was immaculate, the bathroom very spacious and spotless and everything was so well looked after! Furniture, curtains even the china over breakfast was so tastefully chosen! Tasty breakfast with quite a bit of choice for a guesthouse!

As a place to stay it perfectly suits a little town as cute and homely as Clifden!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 7, 2009

45 Eur for one person for one night. The room was cold and small. The bathroom was ancient but in fairness it was a good shower, great water pressure. Bed clothes were ancient too.I have stayed in the station house hotel for roughly the same money at the same time of year. You have a pool there, better breakfast, better bathroom, warmth, free newspaper. Owners are a bit greedy on their price I think. I stay in Clifden a lot but won't be going back there.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo