“Great pub grub.”

Vaughan's
Ranked #27 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Great pub grub - only problem can be getting a table but well worth the wait. Pub food orders tend to stop at 7pm so make sure you are in early.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Had a great dinner there after our kayaking. The stuff was friendly, the interior is likewe were in France. The Guinness Pie and the Fish & Chips were both good, the warm apple pie was the excellent finnish. Really recommended.

1  Thank Eni_O_IE
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The menu drew us in and the trad music had us staying for the night.
Lots of character in this place. I call it a 'find' because it's at the end of the main square / area of Clifden so you would need to walk down to the end to get there and by that time, most people will have already picked a pub or restaurant they pass.

I had the Guinness beef stew (house specialty) - it did not disappoint! Loved every mouthful. My wife's salad was good but my wife also had some kind of Guinness pudding with Jameson custard for dessert. She's still talking about it.

Gotta check this place out - be sure to bring cash though....no credit cards accepted.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We came back late from Galway Races and came here for a meal.
The music drew us to this bar - it was great and the staff, in particular a young dark haired boy and the manager were really friendly.
Although my fish and chips was okay and my husband's pastry on his steak pie was a bit soft.
The staff were so nice that we didn't like to complain and we think it could've have been a one off experience.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

In a town awash with restaurants and bars, you'd be very unlucky to find one with worse food than this. My wife's fish and chips were dry and looked to have come straight from the deep freeze. My Irish stew - the house specialty - had a passable taste of lamb but was ruined by the presence of chunks of raw carrot and uncooked pearl barley and split peas.

2  Thank Neil T