“Heaven on earth”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clifden
Mallmore Country House
Ranked #6 of 45 Clifden B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband was the first in our family to stay at Mallmore Country House, as he was visiting his uncle at Clifden hospital. When he returned after his stay in Mallmore he raved so much about the place, and of course Kathleen & Siobhan's Kindness and hospitality, that I decided I would have to go with him on the next visit to see what all the fuss was about. Well I must say what he said about his visit was not exaggerated. When we arrived we were warmly greeted by Siobhan who showed us to our spacious room, the place was warm, welcoming and immaculately clean. I was in awe with everything, from the beautiful décor, to the beautiful view from the window which looked out onto the garden, and beyond to the bay. Our room had a beautiful sitting area, on the table there was bottled water, and they even had wine glasses and a bottle opener if you wish to bring in a bottle of wine. On returning late that evening, we had a cup of tea in the beautiful sitting room, furnished with some fine antiques, I truly felt like lady of the manor. After a wonderful nights sleep we had a wonderful breakfast, which kept us going for the day. We were sad to leave, but we reserved two rooms for the following weekend, as our daughter was visiting from London and had heard us raving so much about Mallmore. She was just as impressed. Coming from London she loves the peace and Tranquillity. On the evening we arrived we decided to take a walk up to bishops seat to see the sun set. It was picture perfect. The view out to the bay is breath taking. The following morning our daughter was impressed with the wonderful choices for breakfast, she had the French toast, it was hard to decide as there was a lot to choose from and she is vegetarian. Kathleen & Siobhan had made some wonderful scones, I have since tried to make them but not as good as Mallmore:) We hope to return again some time in the future, and want to thank Siobhan & Kathleen for their wonderful kindness & hospitality.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, as we saw 3 different rooms and they were all equally beautiful
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank babybellkerry

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in July 2013. We have enjoyed the unique tranquility of this place. The room was spacious, lovingly decorated, absolutely clean with a great view in the backyard and on the bay. The overall interior design of the house was decorated in a tasteful country house style. The service was great. The breakfasts were delicious. Daughter Siobhan provided us with a map and very good suggestions of where to visit and places to eat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dirk D
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights during our honeymoon in August 2013 and it was the most beautiful and comfortable place we stayed in Ireland. The locaion and grounds are perfect, the house wonderfully decorated, the breakfasts delicious, and the hosts kind and helpful. Mallmore house is only short drive away from the center of lovely Clifden which has many lively pubs and restaurants. We will return to this B&B on our next vacation to Ireland!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bethanyjean135
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We stumbled upon the Mallore Country House almost by accident. I'm incredibly thankful we did. The environs and the grounds are breathtaking! The family run B & B is inviting, cozy and elegant all at the same time. Breakfasts were made to order and the family were always glad to help with adventure advice, dining choices and travel help! We threatened to move in but it was going to be too difficult to have our dog brought to us from the States! They lucked out in not getting stuck with us! We will return for another visit, however!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The place where I want to be.
I was there with my family, and everything was perfect.
Ok, if I want to be fussy I must say that it is a bit too far from Clifden to go there on foot, especially at night.
That said, all the rest is more than perfect, more than everybody could expect.
The place is historical and beautiful, the view on the small inlet from our enourmous room enticing, the breakfast plentiful, delicious and perfectly served, the lady of the house obliging in her kindness, the path outside going uphill to the Bishop's seat (I am not pretty sure about the name, I am writing about a few months ago: sorry!) pleasant, the living room wonderful.
I could have stayed there forever, and it is beyond doubt the best place I have been to in Ireland.
Congratulations to the hostess.
We hope to come back as soon as possible!
PS: I am a bit jealous of the place, and I did not want to write sucha positive review, just to have it only for myself!

Room Tip: We had the room just in front of the front door. Perfect.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fabiopesa
Reviewed December 27, 2013

In our first journey to Ireland my wife and me enjoyed so much the uniqe tranquility of this place! We loved to walk along the mystic garden pathway to the viewpoint in the evening, watching the sunset over clifden bay. Moreover, Mallmore House is the perfect starting place to discover the gorgeous Connemara National Park, the scenic sky road, or just to relax hiking around coral beach or dog's bay. So many thanks to Kathleen and her family for their rich and delicious breakfast selection - how could an Irish day start better? We enjoyed every day, and hope so much that we can return soon to this beautiful place on earth!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerd_im_Norden
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This place is the number 1 on trip advisor for a reason - Alan, Kathleen & their family have done so well. For what is an average B&B price, Mallmore country house is a gem. From tea & biscuits in the grand sitting room, to the unique decor, the delicious breakfast (the salmon & scrambled egg was the best I had in Ireland) & the stunning view from the gardens, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it. The area around Clifden is amazing and a must-see for any visitors to Ireland.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Bryony C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clifden
Ballynahinch Castle Hotel
#5 of 7 in Clifden
Ben View House
Ben View House
#2 of 45 in Clifden

Been to Mallmore Country House? Share your experiences!