Faul House
$107
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsconnemara poniespeat fireowners michaelrock wallssitting roomquiet roadfriendly couplesmoked salmon and scrambled eggsbeautiful areatwo nightsspotless roomswarm welcomelovely walkshort drivefull irishbreakfast was deliciouscharming hosts
Reviewed October 12, 2012

When I first arrived I was impressed with the outside of the house...hard to find, I might add. At first I felt like the owner was not super happy that I was there, but I think she was ready to leave somewhere because the next morning she could not have been nicer...I wish I would have talked to her more, and she's funny. As far as the room went, it was just ok. The rug could definitely have used a vacuum, the garbage was never taken out, the napkin over the tea looked like it was from the last person, and the towels were very stiff. The room felt a little cold...not temp-wise but could have used another rug or something. Breakfast in the morning was delicious. Overall, I would say that my stay was ok.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had been recommended to stay at Faul House by a friend who had been there 3 years ago. The website looked good and so we booked 2 nights. We only wished we had more time - the house was wonderful - clean, large rooms, open fires, peaceful setting. The breakfast was fantastic - eggs from the farm hens, homemade bread and gooseberry jam that Michael made ! The house itself was about 1 1/2 km's from Clifden town and the cycle in along the coast was stunning. We will absolutely recommend it to all our friends. Thanks you Faul House for a wonderful couple of days.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We (my husband, daughter and myself) just came back from a week long stay at Faul House. We had the most wonderful holiday. The room upstairs was huge with 3 armchairs, a coffee table, fridge, tea/coffee making facilities, a television and an enormous shower in the bathroom. My daughter Molly adores horses and Kathleen suggested we walk down the farm to the sea where there were 2 foals and 4 Connemara ponies. It was like going back in time - all stone walls, ruins, and the old farmhouse. We walked for 5 minutes until we reached the sea where we met their son Eric who had just come off his currach (a traditional Irish fishing boat) with 16 mackeral - he offered to take Molly out on the boat the next time he was going out to fish. (we will take him up on the offer when she is a little older) - what a start to our holidays. The breakfasts were wonderful - great selection in a spacious calm dining room with a view of the sea. Clifden town itself was buzzing - great food and pubs - we went to Lowrys pub and listened to some great Irish music. All in all we had a great break and only had one day of rain - magnificent ! We look forward to coming back to next year !

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs are better than a four star hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I want to give 3 out of 5 rating just for the following reason: 1 -The owner is a nice lady. 2 - The accommodation is clean. 3 -This B&B is a pet friendly B&B...but I mean, guests and dog are segregated in a small room, with a small double bed (comfortable and soft mattress anyway) and a ensuite bathroom with a door that looks like a door of a wardrobe. From the window's room there's the view of the back of the house, not appealing for sure, with thousands of aggressive mosquitos flying around in the morning. We paid €80 for 2 people with a dog for staying one night in this room, which probably was worth to pay no more than €60.Overall this B&B or farmhouse was nothing special, and I don't think we will come back there.
In the morning, I must say the breakfast was good, but I would like to advice the owners not to leave jars of jam and marmelade already opened 'cause I have seen one guest (an adult) picking and eating with her spoon from the jar, which refrained me to try to taste some of those particular jam flavours. Maybe, providing single jam portions would prevent to see some unhygienic habit of certain guests.

Room Tip: The room shown on the website are the nicest and, according to the owner, are in the first floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank inabigcountry
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have stayed with Michael and Kathleen several times and have found each stay more enjoyable than the last. They are warm, friendly people who strive to make your stay a pleasant one. Being located close to Clifden gives you access to many wonderful restaurants and shopping. It's also a great spot to use as a home base while traveling around. The ponies are amazing! Looking forward to my trip in April, 2013.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo