“wonderful food and atmosphere”
Review of O'Malley's

O'Malley's
Ranked #13 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Cuisines: Barbecue, Irish, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At O'Malley's Bar & Restaurant we serve the finest locally sourced produce which can be enjoyed whilst taking in the views of Clifden Bay and enjoying one of our renowned Irish traditional music sessions. We have traditional Irish music every evening during the summer months
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We got in late and was 10minutes before the kitchen closed, but they served us from their full menu, and we got a great meal with great service. In the pub, they had a live band called Sumbrellas from Galway and they were fantastic. They have live music just about every night and they know how to pour a good pint. Loved it.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had a great meal here and it was very reasonably priced. Would recommend it to anyone going walking in the area looking for a good meal.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a family meal in the restaurant and the service was good and quick, the food excellent and well priced. Well worth a visit

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great pub locals and staff all so friendly and couldn't do enough to help you.Great pint and fantastic traditional music there too.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This place was good enough that I are here twice in a four day visit. I had the lamb stew, fried brie, and fresh oysters. I ate oysters at a few places in Ireland and I'm not sure if it was coincidence but these were the best, freshest tasting Oysters I had on my visit. All the other food was very good. Portions here were very, very generous. Neither time I ate here was I able to clean my plate.

The is a deck in the back with outdoor seating. This place as well as the booths next to the windows on the inside in the back have excellent views of Clifden Bay.

Beer selection here is average, but I also notice that most pubs in small town Ireland are about the same as far as beer selection. You can probably get a Guiness, Smithwicks, or Carlsberg on draught, then they might have some other choices in bottles. Enough to get by but not great by any means. Still, the beer selection does not at all subtract from the fact that this is a very fine place to eat and have a pint.