“GREAT COFFEE!”

Upstairs Downstairs Cafe
Ranked #3 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Clifden
Description: Finest grade 1, Organic Fairtrade Arabica coffee in town. Great value bagels, panini, wraps, salads, home baked cakes and Irish ice cream served in a nice atmosphere FREE WIFI AVAILABLE
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT COFFEE!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Coffee great! Great cakes! Staff very helpful/friendly. lots of locals! Sitting outside. Poor décor.

• Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ice Coffee Heaven”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

It is very difficult to find ice coffee! I was making my own with hot coffee and ice until I found this place. This place has it all!

Visited June 2014
Dublin
“Poor service, better for sweet than savoury food, ok coffee”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I'd been into this spot a couple of times in the last few years but I keep forgetting it's shortcomings.

On my most recent trip there was no queue on arrival, no backlog of orders, yet we were waiting a good 10 minutes for our coffees and 15 minutes to receive 2 very basic sandwiches. Mine arrived as a panini rather than the bagel I ordered and with boiled egg inside which I certainly didn't order. At that stage we didn't complain as we couldn't wait again.

I think you'd be fine ordering the pastries etc., but I'd avoid the deli and maybe sit downstairs to remind them you're waiting.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank duffmagic
Dublin, Ireland
“Sweet delights”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

A great wee cafe to stop for a quick bite after a trip to the adjacent book shop. Excellent coffee, home bakery. One of the best carrot cakes I'ev ever tasted.

Visited March 2014
Ireland
“Waffle treat for children every summer. Yum Yum”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We go on holidays to Connemara every summer and without fail, every time we go into Clifden our children insist on having their special treat of Hot Chocolate and Waffles at "Upstairs Downstairs".
The staff are lovely and the children and ourselves can catch up on our emails.
Highly recommend a visit..

• Visited August 2013