“Dreadful!!!!”

Basmati Indian Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Cuisines: Indian
Description: This restaurant has been in existence for at least several years. The telephone number is Ireland area code and 095-22619. Three employees and about 20 tables. Pretty good set up. Will write a generally positive review of the diner we had.
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Has to be worst "Indian" food I've had the misfortune to encounter. If boiled meat stewed in ersatz curry sauce is you thing then this is the place for you. Truly awful!!!!

3  Thank Mickandno

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Didnt expect to find an Indian restaurant in Clifden so I decided to check it out. I was pleasantly suprised. Had to try the curry of course!! while my partner had the basmati special biryani. Both were great. Well worth a visit!!

1  Thank Rors_Woods
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were staying nearby in our caravan and had a take away. The usual chicken tikka masala, onion bhaji's etc etc. It was acceptable food however I have tasted better. If I was hungry and nowhere else was open I would go again.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

If this place had good service my overall rating would have been very good or excellent. We had the chicken tikka, veggie khorma, and lamb phall (which is insanely, almost unejoyably hot). All of this food was among the best indian food I've had.

The rub with this place was the service. When the staff interacted with us, they were friendly, but they were not at all attentive. When they brought food we had to ask for silverware and serving spoons for the food and rice. We also had to ask for napkins. Into our meal we had to ask for more water. When we did ask for this stuff it took them a long time to get it to us, and it wasn't crowded either.

If they could get their service together this place would be really great. I guess I would offer a tacit recommendation to eat here, but don't expect great service. Maybe just order takeout.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

front of the place doesnt look great but liked the seat where we ate at window nice view, delicious meal pakora and tikka massala, they didnt rush us when finishing our wine at the end of the meal which i like!