“Lovely pancakes!”
Review of White Dragon - CLOSED

White Dragon
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Wonderful experience! We truly enjoyed the atmosphere and the amazing food in this little restaurant. Staff were friendly and attentive and the food is not only very tasty, but also good value for money. Definitely recommended!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Just popped in here out of the rain and was pleasantly surprised, especially when I saw 2 crepes arriving on the plate! So generous portions and friendly staff...we didn't realise that it was past closing time and we were still in there. No one came near us to hurry us or anything. Lovely relaxing place with fantastic crepes. Well worth a visit and the decor is rather cool too.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We debated whether to call them pancakes or crèpes, but we all agreed to call them delicious. Sweet? Savory? Take your pick. They serve a nice variety, well-made with quality ingredients. Also, good omelettes, amply filled. I enjoyed the smoked sausages with grilled onions and tomatoes, though I left hungry because my five-year-old devoured half of my sausage before inhaling her chocolate crèpes.

The food gave us plenty to talk about; but the dragon decor inspired some fun conversation as well. Highly recommended for a break from the full Irish breakfast.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

The White Dragon cafe is in the centre of Clifden and run by "Lukas" and his wife who are originally from Poland. I stopped here because I was exhausted and hungry. The menu is extensive and good value. I had a spinach pancake with a mocha. Both the food and drink were very good quality and generous portions. The pancake was actually two, clearly freshly cooked with a side salad. The proprieter and his wife were very friendly and welcoming. It is a shame that the cafe is slightly off the main streets of Clifden and not more visible. One other minor complaint is that the chairs were not particularly comfortable but I would go again because the food and service were so good at a pretty low price.

1  Thank jazzeejessie