“good food great music and atmosphere”
Review of Griffin's Bar

Griffin's Bar
Ranked #15 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Traditional Old Style Bar . Great Irish / Rock / Disco Music all through the week and a real local gem, Serves all day breakfast from 10 and lunch till 4,
Reviewed October 7, 2013

we had great time staff were friendly and helpful and not touristy.would recommend to others.it is a very authentic bar big into there rugby and golf.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was in Clifden to see a band that were playing in the bar here, staff working there are all lovely and pleasant.. I'm a smoker and the smoking room was bang on.. The band rocked the place and the atsmophere was great until the owner made his presence felt... I have never in all my life met a man so ignorant and rude and it's beyond me how there is any customers at all. We were there from 8:30, the band finished up about oneish and a dj came on and finished at bout 1:50 am, no bells to say it was the end of the night.. No turning on and off lights to let customers know.. This man started roaring at people and taking drinks .. Shouting get out get out, pushing people .. My own mother who is 59 and 5ft nothing was grabbed by the arm and pushed outside the door. He was so rude it was actually unbelievable, his excuse was there is a new sergeant in town and was clamping down on late night drinking. This maybe the case but I'm sorry there is a right way of doing things and this is not one of them. He actually ruined our night and I'm afraid I would never recommend this place to anyone. Hats off to his wonderful pleasant staff if it wasn't for them this place would be closed down ...:(

11  Thank Shazzasharrie
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Like the title says, our night at griffins is one I will never forget. My girlfriend and I were treated like friends and family as soon as we sat down. Traditional Irish music, live poetry from Mr. Dunn, and some improv from the regulars all washed down with some cold Guinness. Don't miss the place if you are in Clifden! You will not forget this place!

1  Thank RossandRachel
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We had the best time at Griffin's. John, the bartender, was our friend by the end of our two day visit. We met the owner, who gave us great info about the area and the places we were traveling to next. The musicians were wonderful. We never ate the food, but the drinks were perfect! There is charming patio out back for smoking. Or sit at the front picnic tables and watch the Clifden life go by. Wish I were there now.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We ate here three times whilst in Clifden,
Whether you want to eat something light or have a full meal the quality of the food is worth hanging around for when they're busy.Family, couple and lone diner friendly. Runs like a bistro. One thing to bear in mind is that Kitchen close early in Ireland. (We live in Barcelona).