“Nothing wrong with our experience.”

Off The Square Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had an early evening meal here on a Thursday night. The service was good. The chicken dish on special was very good. They had a range of craft beers on offer.

1  Thank MiddleagedCouple75
There are newer reviews for Off The Square Restaurant

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Great lunchtime meal here while staying in Clifden. Reasonably priced and good portions.Seafood chowder was rich and creamy and packed with seafood.

1  Thank AmandaMaloneLisburn
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We got this recommendation from a local man, so we had very high hopes for our lunch. I do realize that we were there off lunch hours (it was 2:30ish) but I never understand having such a beautiful restaurant in the main square and having it run by bunch of teenagers. The service was just terrible. There were bunch of young kids in uniform in the back room talking and watching something on a TV or Tablet or something and not once would they come and see if you needed anything (I had to hunt one down for some ketchup for my fries). The people next to us (the only other people there) were complaining that their meat was not cooked all the way. I have to say that our fish and chips was actually very good and hot. Took forever to get the bill paid for. I am sure this place is amazing at other times, but when we went not one of our best experiences in Ireland.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had our best meal in Ireland when we dined here 2 years ago. We just returned from a trip to Ireland and dined there again. The meal was good but not as good as two years ago.
But with that being said, still a good meal.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Casual and family friendly restaurant. My husband and I are had the chicken sandwich and hamburger, the price was very reasonable (10 euros each) and the portion was very big. I have to say it is the best chicken burger I've had anywhere in Ireland - good sized bun, perfectly cooked meat, right toppings. Plus the staff were helpful and accommodating to our requests.