“An enjoyable meal and friendly staff”

Off The Square Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Had an enjoyable dinner in this restaurant and we were well looked after by the friendly staff.
Shared a starter of garlic prawns and were given bread to go with it. I had the special which was trout and scallops. This was well cooked and tasty - overcooked scallops can taste rubbery but these were perfect. My wife had the fish and chips which came with vegetables. The fish was fresh cod done in a nice batter and the chips seemed home made. We shared a bottle of reasonably priced wine.

The portions are large but I would prefer a restaurant that provides good portions rather than a place that is mean with the food.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Had lunch at this restaurant after it was recommended to us, while the portions may of been large they lacked the quality you would expect.
The food was only OK, but we were shocked to be charged 4.50 euro for water !
When our order was taken, 2 of us requested water, normally this would be delivered by Jug, in this case it came in a pre opened bottle ... while I was ok with some charge, I thought 4.50 was way over the price you would of expected.
If your short of money and just want to be fed this is your place, if your after tastier food at pretty much the same cost as the many other restaurants in Clifden, this is not for you.

2  Thank Conkers34
Reviewed September 17, 2011

i went with my family for dinner one night and we found it was great value and there was a great atmousfear in the place! we went back on the weekend and had breakfast and it was delicous! the staff were friendly and the place is clean! it is not far from the main square, hints "Off The Square"

Reviewed September 17, 2011

The food was simple yet lovely.
The service was good, albeit a little slow.
The decor is fine.
if you are looking for a quick snack at very reasonable prices this is your place.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

I've had numerous lunches at 'Off the Square' and I can honestly they were all excellent.
The layout and atmosphere which has been created is simple but very well thought out, food is exceptionally good and the service is very good, a great place to visit.