We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clifden
The Quay House
Ranked #1 of 45 Clifden B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 16, 2013

If you are staying in Clifden you must stay here. Julia & Paddy are the most wonderful hosts. Breakfast was lovely with stewed fruits for starters then followed by a selection of freshly cooked dishes like salmon & scrambled eggs or an Irish breakfast. The house feels homely and you instantly relax as you walk through the door. This a great place for kids too as they own two very friendly pugs and a cat. I can't wait to go back and I never say that! We stayed in room 1 which if you are a family of 4 is perfect as has its own tiny kitchen. The bathroom had a fabulous roll top bath and the bedroom was very spacious with sofas and a very large kingsize bed. This place made my holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Frances and I stayed here for the bank holiday weekend. The couple who run the house were truely lovely and made us both feel totally at home.

The breakfast was superb (fresh Mackerel on morning) and the conservatory where it is served is a great place to start the day.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

If your looking for bed and breakfast just book it - you wont regret it!! Paddy and Julia are excellent hosts and the breakfast waitresses were lovely. The Mirror room and our view from it was fantastical.

Room Tip: The Mirror room is the one to go for.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a must if you are visiting Clifden!! The rooms are beautifully designed and decorated and very comfortable and spacious. An added bonus in this guesthouse is the fabulous selection of downstairs sitting rooms where you can lounge around while reading all the books and magazines provided and enjoy the wonderful collection of antiques adorning each room. Paddy and Julia will give you a lovely welcome to their absolutely beautiful guesthouse and make you feel right at home. The breakfast area is truly beautiful and the food was superb. The location is perfect - a couple of minutes walk to the centre of Clifden, while enjoying a lovely quiet location near the water.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

After spending 14 days visiting 8 B & B's from Dublin south, west and then to Conemara- we have found THE best B & B of all. Please check out the Dutchess room if you want to be wowed after a long day of driving or biking... Paddy and Julia will welcome you as a long lost friend. The breakfasts are legendary...mmmm. And Julia drove us up the road to the next town when the taxi was not able. I look forward to building our new friendship and visiting again as soon as possible. Clifden is a fun medium sized town- like the size of Dingle- with great shops, music and fabulous restaurants. There is so much to do in this area- we need a full week to appreciate the mountains, beaches, bays, bogs and biking!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great- definitely large suite like- I felt like I was in a castle! Actually it...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just back from three nights at The Quay House, the reviews this lovely B&B attracts do not over estimate its charm . Beautiful rooms a warm welcome and the best breakfasts anywhere. Not to mention the two friendly pugs and the wild cat!. I'd recommend this place to anyone wishing to have a relaxing break in Clifden.

Room Tip: The rooms in the new wing are huge with wonderful sea views
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have high expectations when I travel, and the Foyle's Quay House exceeded those. My mother and I were traveling after the loss of my father, and I felt like we were visiting a beautiful relative's home for a few days. One night when my mother didn't feel like going out to dinner, Julia made a beautiful salad with cheese and bread and brought it to our room--extra special touch. We were able to stay on the ground floor in a spacious room, which was wonderful since my mother had difficulty walking up stairs.
I look forward to returning with husband and kids!

Room Tip: Lower floors are convenient for anyone who has difficulty with stairs
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clifden
Ardagh Hotel & Restaurant
Ballynahinch Castle Hotel
Ben View House
Ben View House
#2 of 45 in Clifden

Been to The Quay House? Share your experiences!