“Excellent room, views and breakfast.”
Review of The Quay House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clifden
The Quay House
Ranked #1 of 45 Clifden B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was lucky enough to celebrate a milestone birthday in Clifden learning about my Irish
relatives and ancestors.

The Quay House is conveniently located right on the water and only a block from downtown.
Its a perfect location for both daytime and evening activities - and a short stumble back
from several pubs.

The hosts were very welcoming and helpful with recommendations. The view from the
room was stunning watching the tide come in and out.

I recommend it highly.

Thank P. K

Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Quay House in Clifden and loved it. Beautiful rooms with gorgeous views. Very clean and spacious. I would highly recommend staying there.
Beautiful breakfast and the hosts Paddy and Julia as well as the dogs are perfect hosts!
We played golf at Connemarra which is just a nice drive away.
Very enjoyable, thank you.

Room Tip: All the rooms are individually decorated. We had the mirror room!!!
Reviewed October 3, 2012

And lovely hosts! Julia and Paddy were so nice and helpful. Their small hotel is full of treasures , lots of wonderful things to look at! The rooms are all very individually decorated. The breakfasts are bountiful and served in the lovely conservatory. Our room had French doors overlooking a courtyard with a fountain, and beyond that the water. Lots of books to look at and even DVDs to borrow to watch movies in our room at night. Quay House is tucked away, so it is quiet, and yet town is a short walk away.

Room Tip: You can see many of the rooms on their site...and the waterfront ones have a lovely view of the harb...
Reviewed September 21, 2012

What impressed us most about this lovely spot were innkeepers Julia and Paddy. Warm, engaging, helpful, and gracious--those are words I would use to describe them. The Quay House overlooks the harbor and offers a range of comfortable rooms. We stayed in the Mirror Room...a spacious retreat with a balcony window and a fabulous view. Breakfasts in the lovely atrium were always a treat. And tea cozied up in front of the peat fire while thumbing through their ample collection of coffee table books about Ireland was a great way to wind down after golf at Connemara or poking about the charming village of Clifden, only a short walk away. Great pubs nearby and their food recommendations were spot on. Thanks Julia and Paddy...The Quay House is a place to which I'll dream of returning.

Room Tip: The Mirror Room was very spacious and had a great view of the harbor. It's at the top of a curvi...
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in the Irish summer and really enjoyed our stay. The hosts are delightful, and we loved being able to just walk into town for dinner, etc. The breakfast was lovely and the rooms are comfortable.

Found this to be a great place to base ourselves for some wonderful bushwalking in the area, and would not hesitate to recommend this as THE place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tamaletown
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was already predisposed towards loving The Quay House when I met Paddy and Julia and was led to a spacious apartment style room in this quirky and lovely B&B. The furnishings are creative, the vibe is friendly, and the views lovely. I don't know when I've ever seen such a lovely breakfast room - breakfast in the conservatory was a highlight. Having the opportunity to commune with Blossom and Banjo, the resident pugs was icing on the cake. And we were even provided assistance with our next lodging. But I was especially touched at this last example of the service orientation of the owners. I left my movado watch on the bedside table -- it was a wedding present from my husband. Because Paddy and I had chatted, he knew the name of our Dingle B&B, called to confirm we were registered there and carefully wrapped & posted the watch! It was waiting for me when we arrived there a few days later. Thank you Paddy & Julia!

Room Tip: Room #1 was spacious, had a great view and also a little kitchenette with a fridge.
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at the Quay House with our 3 (grown-up) children for 2 nights at the beginning of August 2012 and strongly recommend it! It's a must!
Julia and Paddy are wonderful hosts, the rooms are fabulous: gigantic and comfortable beds, the small kitchen very useful, the mix of antiques all over the house is really charming. It is very quiet, we had a lovely view from our balcony. The breakfast is amazing and has the largest variety of food we have ever seen - (Paddy's lemon cake is delicious).
The house is only a few minutes walk to the cute town of Clifden, and a wonderful base for touring around Connemara.
The best place we ever stayed, we felt at home and could have stayed there for ever! Thanks, Julia and Paddy, we will be back!!

Room Tip: Both our rooms were quiet and nicely decorated!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clifden
Ardagh Hotel & Restaurant
Ballynahinch Castle Hotel
Ben View House
Ben View House
#2 of 45 in Clifden

Been to The Quay House? Share your experiences!