“Despite being really busy a very enjoyable stay”

Clifden Station House
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Clifden
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed in the Station House as my husband and I were due to take part in the Connemarathon. It was extremely busy but despite this the staff were friendly and informative at the front desk. The room was nice, clean and quiet. We enjoyed the spa area and swimming pool the next day - like many places in Ireland you are expected to wear a swimming cap - so make sure you pack one. There were quite a few options for eating out nearby and lots of nice pubs but before a marathon we like just to have a carry out pizza with no fuss - but there we could only find one place for takeaway food nearby so if you are considering a self catering option at the Station House and would like a takeaway to save cooking one night you could bear that in mind. We had dinner in the hotel one night and really enjoyed it - the local mussels as a starter were fantastic. The breakfast was varied and good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pound_Witch

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed in the attached apartments whose rate include breakfast in the hotel. Apartments nice and clean and well kitted out. Breakfast in the hotel very good and gave under 12 kids for free. Pool excellent for kids. Hotel staff very pleasant, helpful and efficient. Pleny to see and do around the town of Clfden and it's surrounds

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MikeOC
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I've been an annual visitor The Station House for a number of years and once again I've had a great stay. The staff were friendly and welcoming. I needed to print off my flight details and the receptionist happily offered to print them off for me to save me going out to the internet cafe in the town.

The breakfast as always was delicious with plenty to choose from, cooked food, cereals, cheese, pastries, fruit and juices, something for everyone.

I will be back again next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Station House is a very special place, very comfortable and clean, nice atmosphere, frindely people. The Irish breakfast is great. We also enjoyed the SPA area and the pool. It is a good location to start trekking- / walking tours to Conemara!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We got lucky with the weather it was great. The staff were great, could do with a few more. Dinner was good not great. Clifden is a nice place for a short break. The comfort in the hotel was top class.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Made a last minute decision to book a night in the station house. The main factor for me was that there was a pool and spa. Unfortunately the pool was more of a creche than a pool. It's hard to relax and unwind with a dozen screaming kids running about, but I suppose that is not the hotel's fault. And maybe if I had children I would have a different tone to my review! So unable to use the pool area I plonked in my room, only to discover to my horror the wifi advertised on their room is not Free Wifi but €13 for a day. €13!!! This bugs me so much. it is 2013, hotels cannot be charging for internet these days. Breakfast next day was a decent enough buffet ( another pet hate of mine, but not bad as far as buffets go) complimentary newspapers and fresh coffee go down well. For €100 for a night I left underwhelmed and would not return or recommend.

Room Tip: Good for families not for couples
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank boddahdidit
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I recently brought a group of jazz students from a US university to Ireland. We performed in the Station House Theatre, and we were given a very favorable rate to stay in the Station House Hotel. It was a wonderful experience. Great service, facilities, and service. When I return to Clifden (which I can't wait to do), I will stay at the Station House!

Thanks so much for making our stay in Clifden so fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clifden
Ardagh Hotel & Restaurant
#5 of 7 in Clifden
Renvyle House Hotel
Renvyle House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Renvyle

Been to Clifden Station House? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Clifden Station House

Address: Galway Road, Clifden, Ireland
Location: Ireland > Western Ireland > Province of Connacht > County Galway > Clifden
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Clifden
Price Range: $91 - $166 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Clifden Station House 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Clifden Station House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clifden Station House Hotel Clifden