“Have the cream slice!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Clifden
Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Walsh’s Bakery is a 2nd generation family run bakery situated in the heart of Connemara, Clifden. The Walsh Family have been serving freshly baked goods since 1953 and for the past 60 years have been providing customers with the best bakery tastes and wonderfully friendly service. The Cake Shop offers craft breads, donuts, pastries and cakes for all occasions. Not in a rush? Why not sit and enjoy the panoramic views of Clifden Bay with one of the many aromatic gourmet coffees, handcrafted sandwiches, beautiful salads, or one of our unique sweet creations to make your visit to Clifden even more memorable.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Even after a delicious breakfast, we always find ourselves here for coffee when in Clifden. Lovely food and a good view. The bakery counter as you enter is a feast for the eyes.

1  Thank Izzywizz_8
Walshs B, Media & Marketing Department at Walsh's Bakery and Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Izzywizz 8, Thank you for posting your comments here. It is really great to hear from a return visitor to our coffee shop, and a recommendation for our cream slice sits close to my heart, as it is my favorite as well. All our pastries are baked in our Bakery situated one floor below the Coffee Shop & Cake Shop, so I am forever being tempted. Say hi when you visit again.

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Cakes!!!!. Great bread as well. Can't say much more, but recommend it for that sweet treat after a walk.

Walshs B, Media & Marketing Department at Walsh's Bakery and Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Oj98, thank you for taking the time to post on our page. What is it they say? Everything in moderation, having a sweet-tooth myself I enjoy the cakes, but, of course after a quick walk.
Thank you for the recommendation and hopefully you will visit us again after that brisk walk.

With regards,

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Dont go in here if you are looking for healthy options, food and service excellent.
Prices bit expensive

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I came here for Sunday lunch with my family, as we do every year. The waitress are so nice, and remember us and say how big the little ones are. The food is delicious, slightly expensive but worth every penny. The interior is really lovely, warm and cosy. I really recommend.

Hi Brigid M, of course we remember you and your family, and we would like to thank you for taking the time to post here and visiting us as you do every year. We value our customers’ highly at Walsh’s and as we are a family run business, families are very important to us. Again thank you for the recommendation and all you kind thoughts, we have passed them on to everyone involved.

Best wishes

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

It's was only fab
On a drizzly October afternoon we were met by a warm welcome. We had tea & cake.... It's was the loveliest afternoon tea I've had in a long time.

A lovely lively buzz yet we were left to chat & enjoy the view, the tea, the cake and each other. Without been kicked out.

If I lived near by - I would be a regular

The staff were jolly & helpful.
Very easy on the pocket considering the quality... Incomparision to Dublin.

Walsh's - I'll be pack the next time I'm west ;)

Dear Moyadd, we were delighted to see your comments posted here and to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our coffee shop. It really is much appreciated when our customers take the time to compliment us on our service and our tea & cakes. Hopefully you will get a chance to visit us again on your next trip west.

With best wishes and many more lovely afternoon teas