1,460 results
All reviews champagne reception brian hughes four poster bed scones piano bar before dinner gas fire dessert buffet sing song free champagne irish night superior room dining room crackers turf fires old world charm the pub
Reviewed September 12, 2018

My husband and I and two of our friends truly enjoyed our two night stay in the beautifully quaint Abbeyglen Castle. Outside our window was a lovely babbling brook, which added to the overall charm of the resort.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debten01
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

This was the best stay our whole time in Ireland. This castle has lots of charm, loved the Skelton key. The staff is super friendly. They have a wonderful champagne reception, and love to talk about the castle history and the surrounding area. The owner personally checks in with his guest to make sure everything is good. The food in the restaurant was delicious, they offer a great dessert menu. Our room was spacious and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2018

Greeted us on arrival and buzzed about the dining room during the evening meal. He obviously loves his place, work and guests. Rooms and public areas a bit dated, but that is in part the point of a castle hotel with a long history!

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NearRTP
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Amazing place to stay old world charm with elegance. We met the owner who was so friendly, helpful, and welcoming he told us his family restored this elegant castle. A perfect get away and wonderful way to support local family operated place. So elegant and fancy, the castle is breathe taking. The included dinner, and breakfast was very 5 star. When we first saw the pictures I surprised my wife and said look where I booked? She was so excited. Lovely place to stay and see the bay. The owner really is proud and welcoming really felt at home.

Room Tip: Nice weekend get away to treat yourself
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

We were in room 10 which I believe was one of the older rooms and thus had a mishmash of furniture. The bathroom entry was a bit tiny and there was not a lot of headroom over the sink. Based on other reviews, it would appear that they have nicer albeit smaller accommodation.

Dinner was good but would not be considered fine dining. The buffet style breakfast was above average but did not offer any cereals.

Glad we stayed here, but should we return to the area, I would seek out other lodgings.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family