“Very Clean Comfortable and friendly”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clifden
Joyce's Waterloo House B&B
Ranked #37 of 45 Clifden B&B and Inns
Milan, Italy
“Very Clean Comfortable and friendly”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Our first few days were spent here, very comfortable rooms, service provided was excellent , staff very friendly, would recommend this B&B.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Nags Head, North Carolina
Reviewed January 12, 2010

Stay with them. Very warm and freindly, not overbearing. Great breakfast. If you come state side ,call.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Memphis, TN
Reviewed September 15, 2008

It seems that no matter where we go in Ireland, we always manage to spend time at Joyce's Waterloo House. Why? Because the accommodations are wonderful, the food excellent, and the hospitality incredible. The Joyce's are warm, friendly people who go out of their way to make each guest welcome and comfortable. I cannot express how much I have enjoyed my stay here again. I've been a guest here every time Ireland has been my destination. And I will return for many years to come.

• Liked — Everything!!!
  • Disliked — Not one complaint
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank follymeanywhere
Adams
Reviewed September 6, 2008

I've been meaning to write this review since May. What a greatr stay my wife and I had. The room we stayed in had an alcove with couch. The room looked out over some fabulous scenery. IT was a great place to enjoy a cup of tea, glass of wine or a whiskey adn read a book on rainy afternoon or before dinner.. The breakfasts were hearty and tastey.

Although not downtown, we found the Waterloo was a great distance to walk to town for dinner and trips to the Pub.

The owners were extremely pleasand helpful.

Rooms clean and comforatble.

We would stay again.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank stripersonfly
Newry
Reviewed August 27, 2008

Warm friendly welcome from pk and patrica. There was a nice family atmosphere. The room was spacious and comfortable. It is located on the outskirts of Clifden and is only a 5 minute walk to the town yet has the feeling of being in the country. Would recommed it to any of my family and friends.

Stayed August 2008
5 Thank Perts55
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed August 25, 2008

TK and Patricia are the sweetest hosts and really make a stay at Joyce Waterloo a treat. The rooms are a good size, and some have a nice sitting area with a couch overlooking the front property. There is a hot tub that guests can use and plenty of information on exploring Connemara. Breakfast is wonderful, and certainly plenty to fill you up. This place is a great value, and within a short walk down the main road/highway to Clifden.

• Liked — The hosts!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank adk23
connecticut
Reviewed August 15, 2008

I booked four rooms in the Joyce's Waterloo for my family this past July. My family arrived at the Joyce's Waterloo right from the airport at 10:30 AM. The b&b was very kind to let us have our room, called the "family room" early (as they told us no one occupied the room the night before) - first clue. We were thrilled we could carry our already-sleeping children right into a bed, but when I got into the room, I was surprised with it's overall appearance. It was smaller than I expected a family room to be, dark and musty. The bathroom was dated, with cracked tiles on the floor. I ventured on upstairs to check in on my other relatives who now occupied three rooms upstairs. Their rooms were much brighter, some with lanai-type seating areas - and the same size, if not larger than the downstairs family room. I did notice two of the upstairs rooms were unoccupied so I asked PK about switching to one of the rooms - one with two large poster beds and plenty of room for another cot to be rolled in. I even told him I'd pay for the cleaning of the room we had already occupied for a few hours. He told me it wouldn't be possible for me to switch rooms because he had a booking the next night. I asked him if we could have the room for one night and was told that I couldn't because then he'd have to "sell" our room - the family room. Anyone reading between the lines here? We also ran out of hot water both days and on the second day, had to go to my in-laws room to use the showers. I didn't find PK very accomodating and would even question his sincerity - especially after staying in other b&bs on our trip and having completely different experiences. I would never stay there again, nor would I recommend it. To those with children who do choose the Waterloo: make sure you request a room upstairs.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — family room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family