“Fabulous menu, food and setting”
Review of Guys Bar & Snug

Guys Bar & Snug
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Guys Bar and snog is one of the oldest establishments in Clifden, serving a wide range of local dishes daily until 9pm. Evening traditional music sessions throughout the season. Late night music on Thurs/Fri and Sat. A selection of wines by the glass.
Reviewed July 30, 2014

A group of us who completed the Gaelforce Adventure Race dined here on a busy Saturday night. We were happy to have a drink at the bar whilst we waited for our table. We were pretty starved and the quality and quantity of food did not disappoint. I would highly recommend the restaurant, we thought the price was right and we left full and very satisfied...we were also delighted to be able to buy individual 1/4 bottles of Prosecco at the bar...there was also a great seafood menu and the lamb and sea bass specials were top notch! Looking forward to dining here again..

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Ordered a Guy's Burger with blue cheese and onions ... fabulous - came with chips and a salad - very filling - come hungry ... I had to leave food. The wait staff was friendly and welcoming to all - myself as a lone traveler, families with young children, older couples ... fun to watch.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

When we stayed in Clifdon for the weekend we ate here twice. The food was top notch. Staff were extremely efficient. Reasonably priced and has a great atmosphere. Very well run and was my favorite place in the town.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I went to Guys yesterday for lunch with my friend. I have never experienced anything like it in all my life. Although I can't complain about the food the waiter serving us was ignorant and his sarcasm was disgraceful. When my friend asked what was on offer for vegetarians he laughed in her face and said look at the menu. He was in no way nice as a waiter should be. He then said there's pasta and my friend just asked what was in it and he goes you'll see it on the menu there and sniggered yet again. After our food we wanted to speak to the manager about this waiters sheer ignorance but there seemed to be no manager there at the time. When paying I said to the waiter that I wouldn't be coming back to that restaurant again and he just smiled. I then went on to say there was no need for his ignorance and sarcasm. He laughed and said 'super thanks'. A person like him shouldn't have a job dealing with the public if he has the personality of a dog. Guys bar will never ever see me or my friend again.

5  Thank DavinaFerguson
Reviewed July 24, 2014

A bunch of us went here on our first night out in Clifden. I ordered fish and chips and my aunt had their Guiness Stew. Both were terrific. My sister had their pasta special which was also great. The sticky toffee pudding was delish!