“Perfect place”

Guys Bar & Snug
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Guys Bar and snog is one of the oldest establishments in Clifden, serving a wide range of local dishes daily until 9pm. Evening traditional music sessions throughout the season. Late night music on Thurs/Fri and Sat. A selection of wines by the glass.
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Great food and good value! Wish we had eaten our meal here instead of where we chose! However we returned for dessert which more than made up for our previous disaster - then came back the next day!! Result

Write a ReviewReviews (1,182)

Reviewed June 13, 2014

The service was kind and friendly.
The prices are affordable, the meals are very delicious and for normal eaters quite a lot.
Especially the desserts were the highlight of our visit.
Everything was very neat and clean.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Myself and partner just wanted a light lunch and we both placed an order for soup, and a one side order of chips. We waited and waited and waited......and it was not because it was busy as there were more staff on duty than customers that day!
!! Finally after 25 minutes my partners soup arrived..it looked lovely....and I waited for my GF soup. I munched on a couple of chips while waiting..... they were burnt but cold!!!! After a further 10 minutes I caught the eye of the barman and asked about my order.....he shouted at me from behind the bar about 15 feet away "what did you order"...I felt like saying "take a look at the order docket that was given to the kitchen 35 minutes ago" I finally got my soup,,,but NO apology about the delay. Come on....two soups and a plate of chips,,,,it's not that difficult...how could you have got it so wrong on every level. There are a lot of other really nice places to eat in Clifden, I suggest you visit them instead of Guys Bar!!!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The resturant was really busy when we arrived, but we got a seat at the bar and enjoyed the live music that was on offer that night. We shared a pizza and salad, both were terrific. The service was prompt and friendly. Great little place.

1  Thank Kjinoz
Reviewed June 9, 2014

So there's a bar in the middle of the town of Clifden, Co Galway, Ireland that has a couple of these shiny stainless steel pub tables and chairs on the sidewalk...very clean and sleek...and in the pub itself are traditional wooden tables, chairs and benches and these cozy booths...so cute! But what's a cute place with good food, right? The food did not disappoint--more creative than the normal fare with tasty, crispy greens on every lunch plate--yum--and good sized portions. And our waitress was very attentive and friendly--even when I first poked my head into the pub, the bartendress gave us a smile and told us to sit anywhere we wanted to. Really a great place, great vibe, and wonderful food. Would definitely recommend if you ever find yourself in that part of the world.