“Good pub grub”

Guys Bar & Snug
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Guys Bar and snog is one of the oldest establishments in Clifden, serving a wide range of local dishes daily until 9pm. Evening traditional music sessions throughout the season. Late night music on Thurs/Fri and Sat. A selection of wines by the glass.
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We had an unfortunate experience in Guy's last year when we were asked to move to accommodate the musicians. No big deal, but we should have been moved earlier in the evening when there were alternative tables rather than at the last minute when there were not. Nevertheless, my memory of the meal is of great seafood and a great burger.

This time we went back again with our daughter. We forgot about, and were not offered, the seafood starters. My wife had a goats cheese salad she loved. I had a Cajun chicken caesar salad that tasted of very little. Our daughter had garlic bread with cheese (actually a calzone) which she loved.

I had the burger as my main - it was fine but not as I remembered it. Perhaps the fact that I wasn't drinking had something to do with that.

I'd eat there again but I might stick to the calamari salad.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,168)

Reviewed July 18, 2012

An amazing breakfast, polite and friendly staff, well recommended!

Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Had dinner & drinks on fri night . Great food & service , seafood chowder fresh mackerel & fantastic pizzas were had . Service was good and nice atmosphere in casual surroundings . Can't wait to go back .

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Meh, the food was just OK and overpriced....but the live music was fabulous!

1  Thank Naomi E
Reviewed July 13, 2012

what a wonder place to eat and to feel so welcome with a young family. Had the most fantastic fish cakes thanks to the barman/ waiter who recommended them. The kids wanted to go back the next day also as they loved the Indian Curry as well as the platter