“Happy memories, and new ones!!!!”

Errislannan Riding Centre & Connemara Pony Stud
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Heaven on earth is the setting, perfect!!!! My daughter always wanted to try horse riding and it couldn't have been a better place for it. The girls there are worth their weight in gold, so kind, helpful and also encouraging, my son decided to have a go too and was hands up straight away when askedif he would like to try trotting!!! We even got history on the area on our trek around!! I had not been on a horse in roughly 28 years and wow what memories. Keep up the great work guys!!! You all have to try here, it is very reasonable on price and you really get your value too. Thanks girls x x cathy, Caitlin and Harry.

2  Thank Cathy Q

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our 11 year old daughter had a really good time at this centre. She had both a lesson and trek. Guides were very good with all the children. Good value also.

1  Thank Sheila G
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had never been riding but was at ease immediatly, the people were so nice and the location was amazing, beautiful and scenic. It is just so amazingly beautiful, and you have to go there!

1  Thank Brigid M
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I can't recommend Errislannan Riding Centre highly enough - it was, without doubt, one of the highlights of our week in Clifden.

The ponies are lovely and well-behaved - they're turned out on the hills each night and brought back to their stalls each morning, as the Errislannan way is to have the ponies live as natural a life as possible. The result is happy, healthy animals. If you take a moment to look in their eyes, you're sure to see a reflection of their sweet, playful, contented natures.

When I went, it was close to the end of their season, and the stablehands were allowing the horses' tails and manes to grow, and keeping grooming to a minimum. The horses roam the extensive grounds of Errislannan during the winter months when the Riding Centre is closed, and their tails, manes, and coats help them handle the elements.

The staff is tremendously compassionate. Case in point: I'd been in contact with them in the weeks before our trip, to let them know that I'd thrown my back out (great timing) and might not be able to ride, but still wanted to very much. When I got there, they gave me a 10-minute walk on their oldest, gentlest pony, Urchin. One of the grooms led the pony, and the "head girl" kept an eye on how I was sitting in the saddle, and could tell my pain level just from my posture, and adjusted the walk accordingly.

All in all, I wouldn't trade my experience there for anything - anyone who travels to Clifden MUST go! It doesn't matter if you're a world-class rider or have never sat on the back of a horse before (or, like me, are a semi-novice with a bad back). Whatever your situation, they'll match you with the right pony, and see to it that you have an amazing time.

Oh - one added bonus: the Errislannan grounds (which extend for miles in every direction) are jaw-droppingly beautiful. Rivers, mountains, fields, heather-covered hillsides...

And you'll see it all from atop the back of one of the most beautiful animals you can imagine.

4  Thank KatyMightHave63
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We were two adults and four kids (ranging from 6 to 10 years old). We were all beginners... only one of the kids had been on a horse before. The staff was excellent and the ponies were calm and easy going. The ride itself was through the marshes and the scenery was terrific. Everyone had a great time and all the kids wanted to sign up for another ride. This will definitively be one of the highlights of our trip!