“Great Location; wonderful breakfast; welcoming host”
Review of Seafield House

Seafield House
Ranked #20 of 45 Clifden B&B and Inns
“Great Location; wonderful breakfast; welcoming host”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We only had a one-week stay in Ireland and the Seafield House was among the best of the B&Bs we stayed at. Accommodations were comfortable and the breakfast was outstanding. We particularly enjoyed the short walk to the cliffs, which offered a spectacular view. Seafield House is well located; the Connemara National Park and other interesting destinations are only a short drive away. Don't miss Sinead's brown bread!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We chose the Seafield House because of the location near the "Wild Atlantic Way." Sinead could not have been more gracious. Kevin and Sinead's B&B is decorated with an air of sophistication, down to how the toilet paper is presented in the bathroom. Sinead was very helpful and her breakfast was the best we had through our Ireland trip. I love the Muesli Ireland has and she told me where to find it in Iidl. (I brought 4 bags, not boxes, home to the states too.) We stayed here 2 night to explore the beautiful Connemara area and Kylemore Abbey. I would totally recommend staying at the Seafield House, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Very winding road to get the Seafield but the views are amazing. Well worth the drive.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had a wonderful time in this beautiful B&B. My husband and daughter and I only stayed one night, but I wish we had stayed longer. Sinead was a wonderful hostess and introduced us to the house and the area, recommending local sites and eateries. She was very gracious and the rooms were beautifully appointed. Our room upstairs had a spectacular view. Everything was clean and tidy and really outstanding. I highly recommend this stop. The road in is a bit challenging with the width of it, but it is well worth the effort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 15, 2013

You'll never find a more exquisitely beautiful and tranquil place to stay then Seafield House, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and all its splendor. The host, Sinead was so welcoming upon our arrival and we where given a bedroom upstairs, that was spacious, spotless clean and so inviting, with a well appointed en-suite bathroom that had plenty of fresh towels available. When we arrived it was evening and the sun setting over the bay was nothing short of breathtaking. We could avail of the complimentary coffee and tea, which also had a good selection of herbal teas. The breakfast the next morning was delicious, with plenty to eat. The food was hot straight from the adjacent kitchen located to the communal dining area, and there was no limit on hot coffee or tea. I would return again and I would highly recommend it to anyone seeking a private, secluded, yet tranquil setting. It was good value for money too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013

It was the second time we ve been in Clifden and we have decided to stay again at the Sefield House because it is may one of the best and most impressive B&B in Ireland. Sinead is a very great host, very helpful and gives very good advices what to do. The Location of the B&B is a Highlight you are directly in the wild nature of Connemara. The view from the Sky Road is wonderful. With a 5 minutes Walking Distance you can enjoy the wild cliffs and the view over the never ending Atlantic Ocean. The breakfast is very good (very fresh salmon). We really appreciate to stay at Seafield House, there is also a very comfortable living room for the guests and if you have the opportunity to get a room on the groundfloor you may will get in contact with a funny Dog <-;. We will coming back soon.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ronny M
Louisville, Colorado
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I had driven almost all day and was exhausted. We had a hard time finding the place our GPS didn't like that the places in Ireland and the UK didn't have numbers in their addresses. So I finally called Sinead and she guided me to the B&B. I was very shaken up, close to tears. I went into our beautiful room and was sitting on the bed and I heard a strange sound. I turned around and their wonderful huge white dog Finn had his head in the window. He made me laugh!!! What a savior! The place was new and beautiful. Sinead was kind and caring, she even excepted a check in American dollars from me! Breakfast was great. Wish we would have stayed longer. Definitely recommend. Connemara is exquisite!

Room Tip: All rooms appeared fantastic!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this lovely B&B. Our room was extremely spacious and comfortable. The location on Lower Sky Road is fantastic. All in all, it was a very pleasant and relaxed stay and we would love to go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family