“Best food in Clifden”

Mitchell's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2014

The food was fabulous. The restaurant handled a table of 14 easily. It was my introduction to Killany mussels. The wine list was good.

2  Thank anne r
Write a ReviewReviews (1,287)

Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

We stumbled across this restaurant while away for a weekend and popped in for lunch. Food was just delicious. Menu very nice and service excellent. Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

We have lunch in this restaurant next week even reservation and we have however our table.
We choose the seafood soup and the cod and chips, they're very good.

Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

After reading some of the bad reviews for this restaurant, I was a bit hesitant to dine there. I even walked past every other restaurant in town, before finally deciding that Mitchell's did look good and so I would give it a go.
My food and my husband's was fantastic. I had chowder and salmon. My husband the fish cake and hake. We both had meringue for dessert. We ended up completely full (we don't normally eat a three course meal) but we could not leave anything on the plate. Every dish was great. The food is very good value for money. We had a set three course menu for €26 and our friends ate from the a la carte menu. They also loved their food.
I would go back to this restaurant and happily recommend it to anyone. I hope you have the same experience I did.
A special thanks to Roland, our waiter, who was very nice, very friendly and attentive. Great service! Thanks Roland and thank you to the kitchen staff as well for cooking us a good meal.
Si quieres en Español, este Restaurante Es muy bueno y no Es nada caro. Yo os lo recomiendo!

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Dined here last Tuesday 19th, we had the early bird which was exceptionally value for the amount & quality of food we ate, highly recommend a visit